[BT] MMJ 7/12/2011 MONTREAL download

Started by jibooer, Jul 14, 2011, 06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibooer

Here ya go pholks! ENJOY this recording, it should tickle your ears as it does mine. It was difficult getting security to allow me to run my mic stand, but I got 'er done.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=546640

MY MORNING JACKET
7/12/2011
Metropolis
Montreal,QC.

Source: AKG c460b (ck61) > UA-5 > PMD-661 (24/48,GAKables)
Transfer: SDHC>USB>HD>WAVELAB>CDWAV>FLAC>Foobar/TLH
Recorded and transferred by permission by jahdawg aka jibooer

ONE SET:

01. Victory Dance
02. Circuital
03. Gideon
04. Anytime
05. I'm Amazed
06. Way He Sings
07. Evil Urges
08. Outta My System
09. Golden
10. Slow Slow Tune
11. You Wanna Freak Out
12. Honest Man
13. Off The Record
14. Mahgeetah
15. Movin Away
16. Dondante
17. Smokin From Shootin
18. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2
19. I Will Sing You Songs

20. Call for Encore:

21. Wordless Chorus
22. The Day Is Coming
23. Holdin On To Black Metal
24. Highly Suspicious
25. Dancefloors
26. One Big Holiday

oistheone

Thanks so much! Really looking forward to giving this a listen...

searchinbig

Thanks man. Always appreciate the effort you guys put in.  :thumbsup:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

jibooer

my pleasure...hope everyone likes the recording. I thought they brought the heat. :thumbsup:

'Dondante' - absolutely amazing FOH work with Yim's guitar...sooooo tasty

johnnYYac

I want to kiss you!  Any chance you're a beautiful woman?  Doesn't matter.  You've made a great day even greater.  The mix there seemed a bit uneven; it will be interesting to hear a recording.  Thanks!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jibooer

No kisses are necessary...but thanks anyways.

Yes, usually the sound is a bit sketchy in there mostly due to the high and weird ceiling, but Ryan dialed it in by about the third or forth song.

oistheone

Just listened to this taping (in full), and I gotta say -- this is a MUST-HAVE!!!

Sure, the sound is a little distant, and you can hear some dopes talking during some quiet moments. But good lord, the performance here is truly something special. You can actually hear how happy the band is by the way they're playing. I've seen more than a handful of shows over the last few years, and this is one of the very few where I can actually say they stretched out and really just had a blast. I am so glad they have decided to play around with the arrangements of the songs and have a little fun.

An extended version of Gideon is an early highlight. They quickly follow it up with a powerfully funky (and different) ending to I'm Amazed. Honest Man is, well, it's Honest Man. Dondante and Touch Me Pt. 2 are unlike any versions I've heard before. I could go on forever (and probably will later), but we as MMJ fans are truly blessed this gig was taped, and I urge everyone to listen to this!

buster douglas

Thanks so much brother for recording and seeding this amazing night!  This shwo felt really loose to me, perhaps the smaller crowd and venue took some of the pressure off and the boys just seemed to have fun.

jessicachills

i cant thank you enough for this... i needed this version of 'slow' in my life.

many thanks buddy

my morning matty

:thumbsup:

dude... you are officially a hero! i was at this show with some friends and it was my favorite show of all times... such a small venue - AMAZING!

thanks a trillion for this  :dankk2:

Northern Neighbour

Thanks for the recording.  Can't wait to re-live the show!