Bands that have NYE shows...

Started by e_wind, Sep 01, 2011, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Well, I hate to be a debbie but I'm thinking were going to have another NYE-less MMJ year. What other bands have shows and where? I'm thinking the Flaming Lips will be playing another one in their hometown which is where I may end up. And Possibly another Black Keys Chicago show...

I've actually heard rumors of an insane multiple night multiple band Flaming Lips NYE extravaganza for this year or next.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 01, 2011, 01:01 PM
Well, I hate to be a debbie but I'm thinking were going to have another NYE-less MMJ year. What other bands have shows and where? I'm thinking the Flaming Lips will be playing another one in their hometown which is where I may end up. And Possibly another Black Keys Chicago show...

I've actually heard rumors of an insane multiple night multiple band Flaming Lips NYE extravaganza for this year or next.

i'm doubting a NYE show, too, but am not doubting an early DEC appearance in NYC
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ophidiophobia

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 01, 2011, 01:01 PM

I've been to the last two Lips' NYE shows, and they are amazing. Dark Side was awesome, and I was front row this year. I'm going to go again this this year. I haven't heard anything about the multiple band rumors; their nephew's band Stardeath opens for them typically.

ericm

Phish - Past couple of NYE's have been at MSG or AAA in Miami.
Gov't Mule - I believe they're at The Beacon in NYC this year.
"Where's Jim going?"

e_wind

I think the current list that I know of is Umphreys, Govt Mule, a bunch of shitty electronic. Speculations are Phish, F'Lips, Black Keys. I think we started quite a bustle on inforoo. Someone over there said we speculated an MMj NYe NYC show and a bunch of peeps are excited.  ;D
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

walterfredo

Quote from: ericm on Sep 01, 2011, 06:42 PM
Phish - Past couple of NYE's have been at MSG or AAA in Miami.

looks like it's MSG again this year.