NPR Slideshow from TTown

Started by parkervb, Aug 23, 2011, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

NPR went along with MMJ and some folks from TTown to see the damage from the tornadoes. Often, we forget about a tragedy b/c it slips from the headlines, but this town and several others across our country are still reeling from nature's wrath and its moments like this that make me love this band even more

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/08/22/139857979/slideshow-my-morning-jackets-tuscaloosa-tornado-recovery-benefit?sc=tw&cc=twmp
Don't you ever turn it off

megalicious

I just finished reading the article and checking out the slidesehow pics. Definitely choked me up. I'm so thankful for MMJ, Neko, and Phosphorescent's kindness.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jon T.

Thanks for sharing that.

We toured some of the damage on Saturday and so many places, especially 15th Street, are almost unrecognizable.  Tornadoes are so foreign to me.  I've grown up with hurricanes and I've seen plenty of the destruction that they cause.  But, seeing a path of total destruction and then other houses unscathed that are literally feet away from the path.. there really just aren't words for it.  It's just horrible. 

kydiddle

Wow. Great article and pics!
Cow temperature.

soccerphan

Tuscaloosa has changed so much over the years but this is so different.  I am scared to go back and see the town.   When I met Jim James at the Alpharetta I told him how sincerely grateful I was for their efforts in Tuscaloosa.  One of the many reasons I love this band.

smhoffmann02

A wonderful article.  Painful to read and see the photos only imagining how those folks are suffering.  Kudos to MMJ for being the good souls they are by contributing not only a reprieve from the present situation with a kick ass show, but funds to support the rebuilding and rebirth of this town.  It's all about community.

Thanks for posting!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.