red hot chilli peppers

Started by ironmike, Aug 22, 2011, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironmike

new album is over at musicconsortium.blogspot.com     its actually real good

Eweezy

Sounds good.  1st 2 songs are pretty funky, glad to hear that.  Looking forward to getting it on iTunes.   :thumbsup:
Yikes!

wolof7

I was sad to see Frusciante go, but am interested to hear where they will go...they will always have a place in my heart even if its for nostalgia's sake!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

chaqueta sucia

Listened to it for a while now and have to say it is not BSSM or Californication or By The Way so for me it is just another album by them.  I miss Flea and John's funk sound together.  I feel Josh K is an amazing guitarist but too much rock and is over the top of Flea's basslines too often.  Lyrically I feel it is closer to Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Freaky Styley.  At times I see a Stadium Arcadium sounding track but few and far between.  I miss John's melodies and ability to harmonize with Anthony so well.  In the end I will say........oh well they tried.

kotchishm

I like it so far, can't really compare it with any of the other stuff.  Only listened once so we'll see what happens
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

woodnymph

I must say..... so strange how they've put out their last few albums (Adv. of RDM & Stadium Arcadium I & II) all when I've moved to North Carolina.  The last time I "moved" here was Feb. 2006, just before they put out S.A.)  That move didn't last too long, but now I've been in Asheville about 6 months, and here comes along another new RHCP album hahah... it makes for really interesting memories while listening...

I've been giving this a couple spins so far and do quite like it!  No Frusciante is a bummer, but I personally really dug One Hot Minute too  8)

I'm digging a lot of the sounds and a lot of the lyrics, but I'll have to give it a few more spins to remember what exactly I'm feelin...  I can't really say I'm disappointed, at least, and I see potential for many tracks to become near & dear to me upon listening more
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Sweet article on Blood Sugar Sex Magik having just turned 20 this weekTODAYYYYYYY!!!  What a solid album.

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-red-hot-chili-peppers-20th-anniversary-blood-sugar-sex-magik

youreveningcoat

Wow.... I am actually dissapointed.  Almost as dissapointed as when I heard Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction (One of my favs) was in the Chilis, and finding out that that album was CRAP.
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

woodnymph

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Sep 24, 2011, 09:08 PM
Wow.... I am actually dissapointed.  Almost as dissapointed as when I heard Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction (One of my favs) was in the Chilis, and finding out that that album was CRAP.

Disappointed about Blood Sugar Sex Magik, mang?  ???

davymac

I have given it one listen through and wasnt really impressed...i liked a couple of songs and maybe it will grow on me....I just wish RHCP would make an album like some of their earlier shit

woodnymph

I mean are you guys talking about Blood Sugar Sex Magik?!?  I don't think you are, I think you're referring to their new one, "I'm With You".... but I'm corn-fused.  BSSM is 20 years old!  And was born before One Hot Minute/Navarro joined.  Unless you want them to put out more like Freaky Styley, Mother's Milk, or Uplift Mofo Party Plan, that would be great!!!

davymac

I'm referring to I'm with you...I wish the new album would be a little more like BSSM, freaky styley or even californication but I bet I'm with you will grow on me

e_wind

I haven't listened to I'm With You yet. I'm sure I'll enjoy it because my favorite record of theirs is By The Way. Growing up they were my favorite band, but these days I hardly thrown on the funky stuff like Styley
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

youreveningcoat

Navarro did not work with chilis imo. Although I love Jane's Addiction
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

woodnymph

Took a walk around the lake today with a friend, and came across a real beat-up picnic table in the woods that said "HUH?" real big all over it in paint..... so we wandered over to it and read most of what we could make out, which is usually, of course, lame.  And there was a block of words that I gave up on and decided not to read, given the content of the rest of the crap....

And my friend starts reading it real slow, cause it was hard to see, and he starts saying
"Throw... me... to the...
.....wolves..."

And my head starts reeling with tracing back to the artist then the rest of the line, and I blurt out "because there's order in the pack."  And he stops and looks up at me, and I told him I was so excited to see one of my favorite Chili Pepper lyrics on that beaten up table!  I love those lines, "Throw me to the wolves because there's order in the pack; throw me to the sky because I know I'm coming back."  Good crap, just thought I'd share  8)

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Easily (Album Version)

Jaimoe

Geez, their new single of is fucking boring.

mjk73

I gave up on them after BSSM. Nothing since has been interesting to me.

Jaimoe

If Anthony quit, I'd find the Peppers more interesting. He gentrifies most of the songs, especially with the choruses; they have an easy-sounding predictability.

woodnymph

Note to Self:  do not post in the Chili Peppers thread again  :-X