Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry guys. I'll do Juniper tar. (id rather do kiss me though) whatever works.

go with your gut!!!

PORL says so
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry guys. I'll do Juniper tar. (id rather do kiss me though) whatever works.

go with your gut!!!

PORL says so

You know, I haven't seen The Cure since Porl re joined. I really need to get on that.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

The Cure IS
Porl
Robert
Boris
Simon

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 21, 2011, 05:38 PM
NO!!!!!!  Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am also a huge Cure geek.  I was just listening to it.  I listened to Juniper Tar today as well, and I also say FUCK IT, DO KISS ME!!!!

I really want to. I'll let the people decide. Haha. (you got my back right bri?)  8)

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
The Cure IS
Porl
Robert
Boris
Simon

Id fucking kill to see Boris come back.

sweatboard

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 21, 2011, 05:55 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 21, 2011, 05:38 PM
NO!!!!!!  Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am also a huge Cure geek.  I was just listening to it.  I listened to Juniper Tar today as well, and I also say FUCK IT, DO KISS ME!!!!

I really want to. I'll let the people decide. Haha. (you got my back right bri?)  8)

DUDE, I got your back!!!  The Juniper Tar was really nice and I'm glad I listened but let's get into some Cure, Especially if you were a moderator for their site...DAMN

iLikeBeer

I know I have been slacking in the contribution department, so my opinion might not carry as much weight, but I had to take my kids to our county fair last week so they could ride some of the rides and eat some greasy fair food.  Good times...  ::)   ;)

Anyways, hoping to be a part of the discussion tonight and I'd probably side more to Kiss Me for old times sake.  But whatever you decide is fine by me.

mjk73

I'd side with the Cure because well I love the Cure and love this album and haven't had time to list to Juniper Tar.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Sep 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm only seeing two songs for this album on Spotify: The Kiss & Just Like Heaven...may have to sit this one out if I cant find elsewhere...

BTW, I get the whole album to come up on Spotify...

wolof7

I guess I'll weigh in and say I am down for either....I was only able to listen to Juniper Tar once this week(solid)....i guess as a future statute I'd say no switch ups....unless you have to and in that case albums I propose that the chosen album is locked in for that weeks listening party the Sunday before the album club, but still it's not suggested....Any additions to this?

....this is due to the fact that other members have a week to get to know and obtain the chosen album....

....otherwise any other input on how it's going? I figured attendence would be a problem for the actual listening parties, unsure how to control that. I will most likely miss a week or 2 in October myself.

I can speak for myself and say that it has been a success and has been a joy to see my vision take off and I thank those who have participated for that....I really wanted to do this to discuss music (I can do that all day) and discover new music; both needs of which have been satisfied with each club.....thanks.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm gonna go with Kiss Me. I have to!

Ruckus

Man I finally show up and I have to talk about the Cure ;D ;D ;D

Ugh, I just threw up some Hefeweissen...I'll be back
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

I juss keeeding.  Never listened to this album before.  Take me to school all you Cure geeks
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

sweatboard

So, I have two albums in mind and I'm going to let you guys vote on which one to pick.  I'm way too torn to pick, and I trust you people to make the right choice.  The album that has the most votes by 1pm EST tomorrow is the one we'll go with.

1.This is the album that I've had in mind since the idea came along to do this album club.  One of my favorite records of all time, I've read everything I could about it in the last few weeks.  I've even taken notes!   I'm an English Lit Major and this plays like a novel, with beautiful poetry inside, themes, and character development.  They just broke UP.  :)  :'(
REM – UP

2.I pulled this album out the other night.  I don't get this record out unless I'm in a very specific mood.  I'm usually really depressed and this record makes me feel like the world is an ok place to live in...just because we can produce an album like this.  It seems like the ultimate album to talk about.
Daniel Johnston – Hi How Are You 

sweatboard

let the voting begin.....

sweatboard

"I like beer" has just about pissed me off in the REM thread to where I'm about to make an executive decision on this democracy and pick "UP" just to spite everyone that thinks that REM stopped making good records after Automatic or New Adventures.  Sorry, but "UP" is A Masterpiece......and I WILL break out the notes to prove it.      ;)

Ghosts_on_TV

wolof7

Wow! awesome choices....I have both. I guess in response to yesterday's news REM would be appropriate. I am not as familiar with UP compared to their other stuff and would love to dive back into this.

Sorry Daniel I will just watch the Devil and Daniel Johnston for the 500th time this week too  :beer:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

sweatboard

Next weeks album.....

REM - UP

iLikeBeer

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 22, 2011, 01:12 AM
"I like beer" has just about pissed me off in the REM thread to where I'm about to make an executive decision on this democracy and pick "UP" just to spite everyone that thinks that REM stopped making good records after Automatic or New Adventures.  Sorry, but "UP" is A Masterpiece......and I WILL break out the notes to prove it.      ;)

LOL.  I would have voted REM even though it is a post Automatic album you chose...   :P

REM never stopped making good music.  I just was a little bitter when Warner Bros tried to make them go all mainstream with the pop heavy Green.  To REM's credit, it didn't take them long to tell Warner Bros to shove it up their ass and start making real music again.

That said, I grew up on REM's first 5 albums so, not only were these records great fucking music, they hold a certain sentimental value to them as well.