Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

who's got next pick? i think wolof said he wouldn't be around this week?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 12, 2011, 10:51 PM
who's got next pick? i think wolof said he wouldn't be around this week?
Must figure out...

Cool Calm Pete - Lost
G n' R - Appetite
Television - Marquee Moon
Astronautalis - Pomegranate
Arbouretum - The Gathering
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

sweatboard

F-It, it's time to dig it out.  I vote.....

There's Still Time.........

mjk73

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 13, 2011, 07:21 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
Marquee Moon

This.

Television over GnR please. Even though I have Marquee Moon and I prefer to hear albums I don't know, this will make a great conversation.

mjk73

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 13, 2011, 07:21 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
Marquee Moon

This.

Television over GnR please. Even though I have Marquee Moon and I prefer to hear albums I don't know, this will make a great conversation.
Exactly. Plus I would imagine quite a few here haven't heard Marquee Moon. Hell, until last year, I hadn't heard MM.

Ruckus

Ok Marquee Moon is out ;D. But seriously if no one has listened to it, do so immediately.  I was also late to the party Mike but I'm glad I discovered it.

Kinda want to pick something from a smaller, undiscovered act or at least something newish

Brooding and dark?
Upbeat and getdown?
Loud and heavy?
Technical?
Or something excessively emo for Ghosts and Sweatboard?
I have no idea how you guys chose so easily.

Ruckus

Alright let's change it up.  On CC's recommendation, next Wednesday we'll go with
Astronautalis - This is Our Science

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 13, 2011, 08:53 PM
Alright let's change it up.  On CC's recommendation, next Wednesday we'll go with
Astronautalis - This is Our Science

Nice.  I've been wanting to get involved in this, and I can't stop listening to this album.  Perfect combo.  I'm in.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 13, 2011, 04:13 PM
Ok Marquee Moon is out ;D. But seriously if no one has listened to it, do so immediately.  I was also late to the party Mike but I'm glad I discovered it.

Kinda want to pick something from a smaller, undiscovered act or at least something newish

Brooding and dark?
Upbeat and getdown?
Loud and heavy?
Technical?
Or something excessively emo for Ghosts and Sweatboard?
I have no idea how you guys chose so easily.

boo! someone should choose Marquee Moon soon.

Ruckus

So yeah, I'm supposed to be hosting tonight.  Anyone else gonna partake in the Astronautalis?  I'll peel myself away from the World Series so long as peeps are down

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 19, 2011, 11:21 AM
So yeah, I'm supposed to be hosting tonight.  Anyone else gonna partake in the Astronautalis?  I'll peel myself away from the World Series so long as peeps are down

I'm going to have to bail on this, too.  :embarassed:

mjk73

I'll try but yeah Cards+World Series = Preoccupation x 10000000

Ghosts_on_TV

I have to bail as well, have a date, go me. I really want to check this out though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

I'll be watching the Cards
There's Still Time.........

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 19, 2011, 04:53 PM
I have to bail as well, have a date, go me. I really want to check this out though.
3rd date? You know what they say about the 3rd date.

ManNamedTruth

Ruckus, you know who has next pick?

wolof7

hey guys sorry I have been quite busy....unsure if there is someone for next week...any suggestions....I guess I forgot to email the person who was supposed to announce next week's pick...

...any suggestions on how to proceed for next week? anyone wanna take it and I will get back to the list for the following week? Stick to the list?

...Just got home from abroad and did not get a chance to listen to this week's pick, hope to take a listen and contribute to the discussion through the week!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: wolof7 on Oct 19, 2011, 10:44 PM
hey guys sorry I have been quite busy....unsure if there is someone for next week...any suggestions....I guess I forgot to email the person who was supposed to announce next week's pick...

...any suggestions on how to proceed for next week? anyone wanna take it and I will get back to the list for the following week? Stick to the list?

...Just got home from abroad and did not get a chance to listen to this week's pick, hope to take a listen and contribute to the discussion through the week!

Who's due? I was gonna say I'd take it, but I think it's about time Yim Blaylock get's a turn.