Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 31, 2011, 06:35 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
Season 1, discussion 1 starts tonight, needle drop at 9:30 ET, don't be late.... :thumbsup:

I got forum fantasy football draft at ten, busy night tonight!

Hahaha, so now we have conflicts of interest on our forum.  We need to organize a calendar or something. 

ManNamedTruth

yeah, i'm gonna be focused in on the draft, but I'll have the Stones on as my draft music.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 31, 2011, 09:30 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 31, 2011, 06:35 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
Season 1, discussion 1 starts tonight, needle drop at 9:30 ET, don't be late.... :thumbsup:

I got forum fantasy football draft at ten, busy night tonight!

Hahaha, so now we have conflicts of interest on our forum.  We need to organize a calendar or something.
I know man!  I took extensive, juvenile notes with crayons but now I don't have 'em with me while drafting.  No power, then PJ20, I'll have useless opinions added early next week. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm at work, so ill be listening, but I won't be able to post much now.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

Hey y'all, wolof appointed me as the next in line to select a record, so here you go:

(click for spotify link)

Now Here Is Nowhere by The Secret Machines
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

usm3

I would love to get in on the party if it's not too late.  Not sure if I'll be able to get in on the listening parties, but I'll definitely check out the albums and give my feedback.

If anyone has a Spotify invite it would be much appreciated. :dankk2:

wolof7

Quote from: usm3 on Sep 01, 2011, 10:09 PM
I would love to get in on the party if it's not too late.  Not sure if I'll be able to get in on the listening parties, but I'll definitely check out the albums and give my feedback.

If anyone has a Spotify invite it would be much appreciated. :dankk2:

Definitely, post as you may...You will be added to the pick pool for 'Season 2' in January!!! Listening parties are at Weds. at 9:30 ET join in when u can!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

wolof7

Don't forget Album forum club listening party #2 is tonight at 9:30, The Secret Machines - Now here is Nowhere, hosted by Crispy! we will also unveil the next album club album! :thumbsup:

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 07, 2011, 06:41 AM
Don't forget Album forum club listening party #2 is tonight at 9:30, The Secret Machines - Now here is Nowhere, hosted by Crispy! we will also unveil the next album club album! :thumbsup:
I guess I'll attend next week.  Got the 2nd of back to back drafts tonight :-\
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 07, 2011, 01:57 PM

Priorities, Ruckus.  ::)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

Next week's selection, Rx Bandits - Mandala

Crispy

Wow, I have never even heard of this band, looking forward to checking it out.

That cover art is pretty damn sweet!

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 07, 2011, 11:14 PM
Wow, I have never even heard of this band, looking forward to checking it out.

That cover art is pretty damn sweet!

That's why I picked it. I could go with something else, but I discover most of the music I listen to through this forum.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 07, 2011, 01:57 PM

And I thought I was bad  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

sorry had to jet early from the dsicussion last night, lost power....Nice discussion Crispy, great listen

Looking forward to Rx Bandits, always meant to give a listen to them!

ManNamedTruth

Just a reminder for tonight. Looking forward to see what everyone thinks.

Ghosts_on_TV

So I'm picking next weeks album, and I pick...

Juniper Tar-To the trees

I'm not sure if this is on spotify (its on mine, but it might just be because I have it on my computer). If its not, I'm pretty sure they have it on their website for free, in Exchange for an email.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

Yeah, I'm not finding this one on Rhapsody.  I don't see it on the band's site either.  If you find a link to download, send it to me please.  I like what I'm hearing on youtube.  Thanks,

Brian