Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

Hey-

I'm one of the "regulars" that passed on picking an album.   I am still enthused but a combination of work and kids stuff has gotten me super busy this month.   Oh, and watching the Red Sox implode into disgrace.   I blame Ruckus.

On the music front, I'd like to listen to the forum album numerous times and let it sink in a bit.   I also like to know the music well for shows I am going to, and I'm seeing Felice Bros, Portugal the Man, and Blitzen Trapper in the near future, none of which I was familiar with a month ago.   So I am "digesting" a ton of new albums and there's only so much time for this for me.

I'm mentioning all this because later this month if I get another chance to nominate, I'd happily pick the new PtM because I'm listening to it lots anyway and would love to get some discussion going.  Or the Alberta Cross (who's playing w/ PtM, because I already know that album cold)

Ruckus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 29, 2011, 09:48 AM
I blame Ruckus

Aww, you give me too much credit.   :dankk2: :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

We should all keep in mind, the listening party is a fun part of this and a way to generate the discussion but the club could continue as long as we want to discuss...I have something coming up to post on the Tattoo you thread...

Ghosts, I ran out of time to check with anyone else....certainly next time we run into this situation, I will ask a regular to take over....

g33ta certainly no worries, we all know how life goes no need to explain, I will be missing some weeks upcoming due to the big day....also I'm sure Ms. Wolof chose AC and PtM due to the upcoming show, also PtM new album has not left her stereo since its come out, she still hasn't listened to the new Deer Tick all the way through bc of it...PS I suggest Ana's Taqueria before the Boston Show?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

CTdeadhead

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with turntable.fm but it may be the perfect venue for this project, check it out folks....

wolof7

Nick Drake's Pink Moon it is y'all, seeya Wednesday!

ophidiophobia

I love this album. Haven't played in it a while, but this is one of my favorites. Looking forward to digging into this album and hearing others' thoughts as well.

e_wind

I have been too busy in school and work to even try to sit down for extended periods of time and just listen, however, this might be a rare week that I can participate. Nick Drake is an artist thats been on "my list" for awhile, so I'm excited this is the weeks pick. Maybe see y'all wednesday
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YimBlaylock

Apologies for the absences the past couple weeks. Similar case as e_wind, school's been all over me the past couple weeks. But I've got a couple weeks' reprieve from papers, tests, etc. so I should be back in action. Never listened to Nick Drake, gonna give him a listen tonight. Much looking forward to it.
It's all happening.

wolof7

pink  pink pink pink   pink pink moon.......... ;)

headhunter

one of the greatest albums ever that most people have never listened to or probably even heard of.

best when alone in the dark and a nice quiet mood.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

wolof7

ok so well short album and thought there would be renewed interest this week but no luck, hopefully convo will pick up through the week on this one... there is certainly a lot to say about it.....I will not be at the next 2 forum album clubs due to my nuptuals....but next weeks will be hosted by mjk and he asked me to announce his pick....and the eighth week member has been notified to announce their pick next week.

here is album forum club #7 courtesy of mjk:

mjk73

Don't forget tonight! I'll set it up and get it going sometime between now and 8PM Central. I may be in and out as I'm still trying to get everything squared way from being gone all weekend. See y'all at 9:30ET/8:30CT.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
Don't forget tonight! I'll set it up and get it going sometime between now and 8PM Central. I may be in and out as I'm still trying to get everything squared way from being gone all weekend. See y'all at 9:30ET/8:30CT.

It's usually wednesdays though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 11, 2011, 04:36 PM

Isn't it Wednesday? Fuck, where the hell did Tuesday go? Alert Alert

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 11, 2011, 04:43 PM

Haha, I hope its still Tuesday! If not I'm going into work with a killer hangover tomorrow.

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 11, 2011, 05:01 PM

Haha, I hope its still Tuesday! If not I'm going into work with a killer hangover tomorrow.
Seriously, I've lost a whole day. I'm losing it.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 11, 2011, 08:11 PM

Look on the bright side old man, you kind of gained a whole day.  ;)

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 11, 2011, 08:28 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 11, 2011, 08:11 PM

Look on the bright side old man, you kind of gained a whole day.  ;)
Lost, gain. Shorter, Taller.

Ruckus

I hope my Frank Turner vinyl is on my porch when I get home tonight.  Two albums in a row that I am familiar with between ND and FT.   :o. See y'all tonight
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Damn, I've been so busy the last two weeks.  I was really looking forward to Nick Drake, but had packing to do last Wednesday due to an early departure to Chicago last Thursday.  I'm home alone with the kids tonight and they will all be in bed in time for the needle to drop so I should be good to go tonight!   :beer: