Hangout Music Festival Approved for 2012!!!

Started by bold992006, Aug 30, 2011, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold992006

See you on the Gulf Shores in 2012!!

GULF SHORES, Alabama — The City Council voted unanimously this afternoon to approve the Hangout Music Festival 2012 application, adding 14 conditions that organizer Shaul Zislin said would improve the event.

The 6-0 approval came after limited discussion about what's expected for next year's festival.

Mayor Robert Craft and Councilman Steve Jones urged Zislin to make musicians aware of the "family friendly" environment of the south Baldwin community, though none of the conditions for approval mentioned that.

"The biggest threat to our reputation is him making sure that he attracts and brings acts in here that continue to reinforce a more family friendly destination," Craft said. "We will not get engaged in who he can and cannot invite."

Next year, the three-day event is slated for May 18-20.

Under the conditions of the festival permit, Zislin must ensure that festival will end at 11 each night; provide free water stations; enhance cell-phone capacity; remove smoking/tobacco displays; and ensure that stage construction is approved by the city 30 days prior to the festival.

The second annual festival this year drew a sold-out crowd of 35,000 people daily and brought an estimated $30 million to Pleasure Island.

Zislin does not want a larger crowd, but he got the OK to expand the footprint of the venue to include a section of Ala. 182, mostly for safety purposes.

e_wind

Shit guys, time to book condos.

Music ends at 11... Boooooooo
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bold992006

did the music any later last year?  I can't really remember...lot of hazy moments.

I don't really think that is a huge deal..they will just start the music earlier...and it gives up more time to party later.

e_wind

They ended at 12 last year. That was my one complaint. After the music on the beach at our condo was like a terrible episode of senior year high school spring break.

Penny Lane

I think us old fogies enjoyed getting back to the condo and going out to the beach at nght or hot tubbing it or tying darkglow to a chair, that kind of thing...i was glad to be back by 1.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

rmpotsy

poor darkglow, yall had one of them too???

out go the lights it begins

bold992006

Our condo was a blast post festival.  I can't wait.

I want Wilco this year.  that is my #1 pick.

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think us old fogies enjoyed getting back to the condo and going out to the beach at nght or hot tubbing it or tying darkglow to a chair, that kind of thing...i was glad to be back by 1.

Damn, if you get classified as an old fogie, then I'm afraid of what Category I will fall into when I'm at Hangout next yr!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Quote from: headhunter on Aug 31, 2011, 08:30 PM

Damn, if you get classified as an old fogie, then I'm afraid of what Category I will fall into when I'm at Hangout next yr!
The creepy gray hair motorboating 18 year olds in the hot tub
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kydiddle

This announcement makes me so happy. So, so, happy. Hangout 2011....a brilliant time. Tying darkglow to a chair was a definite highlight. Then the tying evolved into an insane jostling at about 2:00 AM.

IMG_0535.MOV
Cow temperature.

e_wind

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 31, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Aug 31, 2011, 08:30 PM

The creepy gray hair motorboating 18 year olds in the hot tub
;D

e_wind

I read that the hangout said they will have NO repeaters from last year. That excludes MMJ, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Panic, and which ever other bands are often on the festival circuit.

evilurges86

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
I read that the hangout said they will have NO repeaters from last year. That excludes MMJ, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Panic, and which ever other bands are often on the festival circuit.

>:(
that means no Paul simon on the beach either 

well i guess i wont hold out for this one anymore. They have been taking forever to release any info. ive just been guessing and kinda stalking other bands tour dates trying to figure out who will play this year.  oh well, at least i got to experince last years amazing feat!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

evilurges86

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
experienced my BEST FESTIVAL/CONCERT moment ever, the festival was right around the time a friend introduced me to MMJ, then I saw them live here... there was no going back after that  ::) and now the obsession just keeps gettin stronger

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

e_wind

seeing MMJ on the beach playing songs from Circuital for the first time was amazing, and PAUL SIMON was amazing. I don't know if any festival line up could ever top last years hang out line up for me. It really was a great time.

that being said, I´ll be out of the country this year for Hangout and Wakarusa, so this year I´m already pretty set on doing Jazz Fest, Starry Nights and Forecastle. I´m bummed that I won't be doing any of the major camping ones.

evilurges86

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 14, 2012, 02:16 PM
seeing MMJ on the beach playing songs from Circuital for the first time was amazing, and PAUL SIMON was amazing. I don't know if any festival line up could ever top last years hang out line up for me. It really was a great time.

that being said, I´ll be out of the country this year for Hangout and Wakarusa, so this year I´m already pretty set on doing Jazz Fest, Starry Nights and Forecastle. I´m bummed that I won't be doing any of the major camping ones.

hangout '11  forever  man! <3 too many special moments from that trip to even try to recite.

it would of been tough for them to top last years line up, although its disappointing they wont be doing any repeats , it will push me to try a different festival... and jazz fest is the first runner up. Excited to start plannin my first trip to New Orleans!!

bold992006

Jack White confirmed as the the first artist so far....very nice!

evilurges86

mahg33ta

the entire lineup is up now, except for a 3rd headliner to be announced.   

I think it looks pretty darn good.  Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Devil Makes 3, Gary Clark Jr, M Ward, Wilco, Jack White.....

YouAre_GivenToFly

Delta Spirit, Dawes, Dr Dog, Alabama Shakes, Wilco, all on the beach?!

WHY am I not attending this?
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.