Ain't No Sunshine Bill Wither Cover by Yim Yames

Started by Dillsnufus, Sep 02, 2011, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I was so hoping you had saved the video too, Yac. I love it when that rip pops up on my iPod, but sometimes you want to see the actual performance...sigh. I guess I could buy the DVD of that show. Anybody know what video it came from? It was domething about Bill Withers.... I'll have to google that.

peafunk31

I believe it's from the documentary, Still Bill

Homer no function beer well without.

rjlemons

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on May 28, 2013, 01:16 PM
I was so hoping you had saved the video too, Yac. I love it when that rip pops up on my iPod, but sometimes you want to see the actual performance...sigh. I guess I could buy the DVD of that show. Anybody know what video it came from? It was domething about Bill Withers.... I'll have to google that.
I don't have the video clip, which suggests I never had it, as I would never have deleted it.  I did see the Still Bill doc, through Netflix (I think), but its not there anymore.  I seem to recall being a bit disappointed with the lack of significant Jim-ness in that film, so I'm not sure it includes the full performance of Ain't No Sunshine.  It was a great film, though... brought tears to my eyes.  :cry:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

I still love this song and the link Yac provided as well as the link on Steam Engine still work. I had been looking for it. I'm so glad it's still here. :drum: :bath:

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: Fully on Oct 14, 2015, 12:27 PM
I still love this song and the link Yac provided as well as the link on Steam Engine still work. I had been looking for it. I'm so glad it's still here. :drum: :bath:
I love this song as well!  Never knew about this cover.  Thanks and here's my ramble about this song.  When I was in 7th grade, our principal played this song over the announcement speaker and asked all the students to count how many time Bill sings "I know".  Not sure why he did this, but I did go to school in California........ :)