Help me please!

Started by AMightyPirate, Jul 19, 2010, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm working on a new project and I need to know who designed the album art for each of MMJs albums.  I don't have the cases at my apartment so I can't read through the credits myself.  If anyone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks in advance guys and gals!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

SaraBananaBear

Well on the booklet to At Dawn it says
"layout by Maya Smith and Danny Cash".

On It Still Moves it says
"album cover and bear/photos: Sam Erickson and Jojo Pennebaker
graphic design and layout: Danny Cash
album art credits: Kathy Olliges - page 2, Jim James - pages 3,11, Danny Cash - pages 4-5, 7, Johnny Quaid pages 6,8,10, Linda Park - page 9

On Z it says:
Graphic design by Danny Cash.
"THE WORLD WITHIN," "Z IN THE TREE," AND "Z-CITYSCAPE" - Kathleen Lolley
"GRASSHOPPERS" AND "CHILDRENS STYLE DRAWINGS" - Nicolai Denchev
"Z- BUILDING" - Guy Burwel. "Z-SHINING" - Mike Fulkerson.
"Z-BEACHSCAPE" - Katie Beach. "Z-FANNED BY MERMAIDS" - Brandon Jones.

On Evil Urges it says
"art direction and design: Gary Burden, Jenice Heo & Jim James for r. twerk & co"

Hope that helps!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

And you can read a pretty cool interview with Kathleen Lolley here:
http://leoweekly.com/ae/feature-life-less-ordinary

For those who hate clicking links, excerpt:

"And then, of course, there's the fact that My Morning Jacket chose one of her drawings for the cover of their breakthrough album Z.

"I was very honored (My Morning Jacket frontman) Jim James asked me to do that," says Lolley. "He's been very supportive, and it helped me to get my name out there in ways that I would never have expected. Usually I don't remember an album cover unless it's some sort of iconic image, like Abbey Road."

In this case, the image My Morning Jacket chose depicts a sort of owl dissection, with a cityscape and highway emerging from the bird's torso, as three owl surgeons stand over the body. But that wasn't the image James originally selected. "I got a call telling me he was considering using one of the drawings for the cover and it ..." Lolley stops short. "I asked if he realized what was happening in (the piece he'd originally selected). I told them, 'An owl is kind of being shot in the vagina here.'"

Needless to say, James and the band selected an alternate drawing while the original piece ultimately found a more appropriate home on the wall of a — wait for it — gynecologist."

Sorry for kidnapping the thread Mr. Caporal, but it's related to the subject... so I hope you'll forgive me!  ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

AMightyCaporal

thank you very much... not you Members... just Ms. Banananananananabear

Just playing- I laughed at that thing (then secretly hoped it would take me to a good website)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side