Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones

Started by ChiefOKONO, Nov 02, 2011, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

johnnYYac

Yeah, its in regular rotation on Palladia.  Good stuff, cool guests.  Can Jagger be skinnier?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Nov 02, 2011, 01:17 AM
Has anyone seen this yet? it is so great, they are on Fire!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Rolling-Stones/dp/B003W5C0VW

I downloaded it from itunes last year. I love it. It is probably my all time favorite concert film. "Bitch" is unbelievable, and so is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" If only I wasn't six years old when they were on this tour... There is a woman that I teach with who saw them on this tour. There are several books that document it. Probably the best one is Stanley Booth's The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones. Also Robert Greenwood's STP: A Journey Through America with the Rolling Stones is quite good. I think ,if I'm not mistaken, that one covers the next tour after the '74 tour. Both are great books about this band when they were at their peak.

Shug

Ditto to all the above.  I watch this one every month or so.  Sometimes they sound sloppy, but its all so rock 'n' roll, they ooze the cocky arrogance and the I-don't-give-a-fuck swagger of the powerful rock 'n' roll band they were in this time period.  I just wish Mick Taylor moved a little bit more to match his fiery guitar playing.  You can see how he wasn't the greatest fit for the band personality-wise, although he is by far the best lead guitarist the Stones have ever had, IMO.  What a treasure to have this performance filmed and finally released.  I frickin' love it!

I wish horn sections were more commonly heard in the live shows of bands like MMJ and Wilco.  Has MMJ ever toured with horns?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

pawpaw

Hell yes I've seen this! These songs used to be on youtube too, before the Stones decided to re-release it. Favorite era from my favorite band. Also, check this show out...

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-rolling-stones/concerts/forest-national-october-17-1973.html

Plus, just because it's been in my head for the past 3 or 4 hours, here's this:

Rolling Stones - Empty Heart
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."