alabama shakes

Started by ironmike, Oct 19, 2011, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Apr 01, 2012, 11:07 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
Quote from: davymac on Apr 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 27, 2012, 11:14 AM
Got tix for the Brooklyn show and the Georgia Theater show in Athens.

I'll be at the GA theater too...anyone else gonna make this show?

i got two tix to that thinking i was gonna fly into ATL and go down to BIRM on Friday (for the Drive-by Truckers) but am flying into BIRM on Friday--transferred the tix to my friend. that's going to be an awesome show, DAVY. EasyRyder said Cooley was at the show last night! sweeeeet.....

Fully-glad you loved!

So this means that I will see you in Birmingham after all. Good! I'm looking forward to it.

of course! flight gets in Fri afternoon--be at both shows..I think Seth and EasyRyder will be there Sat (JP using one of your tix)..so you may come fri or..?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

hahaha, NICE FUCKING T-SHIRT Tracy!!!

I'm grinning from ear to ear, that is truly so very awesome.  I Love You.
There's Still Time.........

Fully

wolof7

"We'd been playing a lot of cover songs," Howard admits, "like James Brown, My Morning Jacket, Black Keys, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Otis Redding. At a certain point we decided to play only our own songs, because playing other people's songs won't get you anywhere. It made it harder to get gigs and we had to travel a lot farther as a result, but it was worth it. Besides we had all these songs that we'd written and wanted to play." - Brittany Howard

http://mplayer.pastemagazine.com/issues/week-39/articles#article=/issues/week-39/articles/alabama-shakes-southern-stars

Wonder what Jacket song they covered? I could see them doing a smokin Lowdown or Wordless...would love to get my hands on those bootlegs.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

subinai

might go to the baltimore show if i can get a ticket. think it just sold out.

CountSA

I dragged my feet for Boston tickets unfortunately. 

ironmike

their daytrotter session is the shit

davymac

I saw them last night at the georgia theater and they rocked! They didn't do much improv but I didn't really expect that...her voice was on point though!!  I'd definitely recommend catching them

mahg33ta

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
I dragged my feet for Boston tickets unfortunately.

I am going to have 1 or 2 extras, it looks like

EasyRyder

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

johnnYYac

Archived live stream from last night in NYC.

http://read.mtvhive.com/live-in-nyc-alabama-shakes-livestream/

Looks like the VT show I'm hitting Saturday is the only stop not sold out... yet.

EDIT - last night's live stream is AWESOME!!! Can't wait for Saturday night!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

im going tonight at bowery. stoked.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 11, 2012, 11:20 AM
Archived live stream from last night in NYC.

http://read.mtvhive.com/live-in-nyc-alabama-shakes-livestream/

Looks like the VT show I'm hitting Saturday is the only stop not sold out... yet.

EDIT - last night's live stream is AWESOME!!! Can't wait for Saturday night!

Looks like it's sold out, John.

subinai

johnnYYac

Got my vinyl today; damn shame I've got no turntable in my classroom, so the mp3 download will have to suffice.  Sounds like a classic debut masterpiece, simple, sweet, soulful.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.

That excellent live stream I posted yesterday is no longer active, but what a fanfuckintastic taste it was! 

I'm so psyched for this weekend and think it will be an excellent first show for my Katherine at 10 years old.  She missed meeting Jim at Newport in '10 but will join her 8 y.o. sister for this year's NFF and their first MMJ show!   

capt. scotty

New album is pret-tay, pret-tay, pretty good
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
New album is pret-tay, pret-tay, pretty good
Yep.

Brittney loves MMJ!

YouAre_GivenToFly

They killed it on Letterman last night... and Dave seemed to be pretty impressed as well.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 13, 2012, 10:18 AM
They killed it on Letterman last night... and Dave seemed to be pretty impressed as well.
Damn, missed this.  If someone finds the clip, post a link... Nevermind, just watched the end of the episode.  They're still putting Hold On out there, but a great performance.