PH on the "rebirth" of MMJ - article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 26, 2010, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

"I didn't think there could ever be such a wonderful exchange between bands and an audience," Hallahan says. "If I could grow five more arms out of my chest, that would be the most incredible thing. I was always taking and not giving back too much. Now I feel the exchange; it's a beautiful thing."

Such a beautiful quote, more here:
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100826/ENT0501/8260314

:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

joey_rogo

megalicious

"This new record will be different. The band is recording in an old gymnasium in Louisville, with "more emphasis on capturing a performance, versus building a song in terms of overdubbing. We've done five songs; everything is live. If somebody screws up, we roll the tape back, start it over again."

awesome! thanks for posting, sara!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

classicrocker623

"Evil Urges is very constricted, microscopic. We were kind of under a microscope, trying to push these things in a direction, regardless of whether it wanted to be there or not. My throat feels constricted just talking about it. But that's good. It sounds like how we were living."

This makes a lot of sense, I have struggled to understand where Evil Urges came from and why it came out the way it did.

capt. scotty

Quote"Evil Urges is very constricted, microscopic. We were kind of under a microscope, trying to push these things in a direction, regardless of whether it wanted to be there or not. My throat feels constricted just talking about it. But that's good. It sounds like how we were living."

This makes a lot of sense, I have struggled to understand where Evil Urges came from and why it came out the way it did.

For sure.

Man, I might have to start tempering my expectations for the next album but all the news coming in is just making sound like its going to be unbelievably fantastic.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

Ok now I know Patrick needs to get the Clock Arms shirt because he'll realize his dream of having extra arms
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

"All five of us were walking away from the first recording session all smiles and jubilation. If it's good enough for Motown and good enough for Stax, it's good enough for us, for damn sure."
:)

Thanks, Sara!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote"This new record will be different. The band is recording in an old gymnasium in Louisville, with "more emphasis on capturing a performance, versus building a song in terms of overdubbing. We've done five songs; everything is live. If somebody screws up, we roll the tape back, start it over again."

So which is it?  Is the gym part of the many rooms of the church that they were recording in?  Ahh, that must be it.  Must be a nice church if it has a full gym.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Soulshine

Quote"This new record will be different. The band is recording in an old gymnasium in Louisville, with "more emphasis on capturing a performance, versus building a song in terms of overdubbing. We've done five songs; everything is live. If somebody screws up, we roll the tape back, start it over again."

So which is it?  Is the gym part of the many rooms of the church that they were recording in?  Ahh, that must be it.  Must be a nice church if it has a full gym.

That's what I was wondering...
Because we're all in this together...