Forum Members rate MMJ Albums - 2013

Started by e_wind, Feb 05, 2013, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 06, 2013, 04:52 PM
Man, I don't mean to be an asshole...and I don't care how much you hate me, Tracy, I love you for linking that eBn oZn track.  :thumbsup:

I've been watching it too. It's been a loooooonnnnnng while since I'd seen that.

Everything Changes - I think lots of us like Look at You, but very few of us like two halves or sec walkin'. Highly Suspicious is and will always remain hilariously badass - particularly live. I like EU, but I recognize the genius that is TTF. Jim was what? 20 years old when he recorded this? That's pretty fucking amazing for a guy that age to be that on top of his song writing abilities. His gift is strong.  Keep in mind that I'm one of very few who like Remnants (I distinctly remember my friend mahg33ta giving me shit for it at a meal during Forecastle :grin: What an asshole, that mahg33ta!)  Also, I want to rank these, but I can't do math well enough to do it.

Ewind. I've been listening to Jim's new album several times a day since Friday night too. I have an entirely new respect for  it. After hearing it live, I understand it better. What is it about Jim live that just makes it all gel? I wish I knew.

markcel

TTF — 6
At Dawn — 5.5
ISM — 6
Z — 4.5
Evil Urges — 3
Circuital — 2.5
ROLASOG — 2.5

TOTALS

TTF — 61
At Dawn — 69.5
ISM — 75.5
Z — 70.5
Evil Urges — 36.5
Circuital — 32
ROLASOG — 45

I think my math is correct.

manonthemoon

TTF — 4
At Dawn — 7
ISM — 6
Z — 5.5
Evil Urges — 3
Circuital — 2
ROLASOG — 2.5

TOTALS

TTF — 65
At Dawn — 76.5
ISM — 81.5
Z — 76
Evil Urges — 39.5
Circuital — 34
ROLASOG — 47.5

Alive or Just Breathing

MMPJ6306

TTF- 4.5
AD-5
ISM- 5
Z- 5.5
EU- 3
Circ- 3.5
ROLASOG- 3.5

Totals:
TTF — 69.5
At Dawn — 81.5
ISM — 86.5
Z — 81.5
Evil Urges — 42.5
Circuital — 37.5
ROLASOG — 51
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

e_wind

Here we go!

I like EU better than most do. I like 2 halves, sec walking, and remnants. The librarian is weak though. I got into the band right around EU era, too, but TFF is just better. I'm definitely not thinking of anything live cause until the SCS shows, I hadn't seen most of those songs live.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 06, 2013, 04:04 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 06, 2013, 03:36 PM
do you have to use live crawfish in a crawfish boil? I want to have a crafish boil now, but I feel like getting live ones will be a problem for me

you gots to cook them live, like lobsters

Damn.  I see that potatoesand corn are common things to throw in there. Can you put anything in there, or would onions or peppers or something ruin it?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jon T.

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2013, 10:03 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 06, 2013, 04:04 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 06, 2013, 03:36 PM
do you have to use live crawfish in a crawfish boil? I want to have a crafish boil now, but I feel like getting live ones will be a problem for me

you gots to cook them live, like lobsters

Damn.  I see that potatoesand corn are common things to throw in there. Can you put anything in there, or would onions or peppers or something ruin it?

I'll throw in my .02.  It's fun to experiment.  Some of my favorites. Okay I'll start with my favorite.  Sausage!  IMO, sausage is as good as the crawfish or the shrimp.  Other favorites, whole mushrooms, quartered onions, whole bulbs of garlic (just slice the top and bottom), artichokes, gotta add lemons.  Really it's hard to go wrong. 

make sure you read up on cooking times and proper crawfish handling (purging them) and whatnot.   
here's a place that'll ship em out.  Our big seafood market here only ships them cooked.
http://www.lacrawfish.com/By-the-Pound-FedEx-Delivery-C28.aspx

Edit- i just looked at the topic of this thread.  WTF???   :grin:

Mahgeetah34

I also don't understand the Evil Urges hate. The only two songs I skip on there are Two Halves and Aluminum Park. The rest of the cd is pretty awesome. I didn't start listening to the band until about nine months prior to the Circuital release.

I also agree that Tennessee Fire comes out much much better live than on the album. I attribute that to the low album quality and the early start of the band not yet finding their "rhythm." If that album were to be re-recorded with current day album quality, it would really blow folks away. Ex: listen to 'They Ran' on Tennessee Fire and 'They Ran' on the Live at the Palms album.

Here's my take:

TTF- 4
AD-7
ISM- 5
Z- 4
EU- 5.5
Circ- 1.5
ROLASOG- 3

Totals:
TTF — 73.5
At Dawn — 88.5
ISM — 91.5
Z — 85.5
Evil Urges — 48
Circuital — 39
ROLASOG — 54

I debated on whether my Evil Urges and It Still Moves scores should be swapped or not :drum:

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

sweatboard

Scores....0

I have no idea what's going on...swingsets, clouds, teachers, gravel, chin down, hell yellow bus, like the most painful version of red nobody understands...... cherry on top. Thanks?

I'm here to catch you in my arms.....If it's the last thing I do!
There's Still Time.........

EverythingChanges

Quote from: sweatboard on Feb 09, 2013, 04:19 AM
Scores....0

I have no idea what's going on...swingsets, clouds, teachers, gravel, chin down, hell yellow bus, like the most painful version of red nobody understands...... cherry on top. Thanks?

I'm here to catch you in my arms.....If it's the last thing I do!

Da fuck?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

dookie shoot bandit

Z is what got me on board... And will forever be bias to it!

TTF - 4
AD - 5.5
ISM - 5.5
Z - 6
EU - 3
C - 3
ROLASOG - 3

Totals:

TTF - 77.5
AD - 93.5
ISM - 96.5
Z - 91.5