J. Glenn's new album

Started by Luna Moth, Nov 15, 2011, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna Moth

Ran into an old friend at a bluegrass show in knoxville few weeks back, turns out he's buds with J. Glenn who gave him a copy of his new album, which was an intricately folded white paper cardboard disc holder with gnarly handwritten artwork on it (pencil?). We listened to it around 4am and it sounded like some new age indie mixed with a rooty Daniel Johnston vibe, very cool authentic sound.  Brosenheim wanted me to have the album but when i left early morning covered in dog hair, blowing burning powders out of my stopped up nose, wondering why there were 2 1940's motorcycles dripping oil on hardwood in the living room surround by vintage acoustics most of which were broken or in Open D, and why no one was giving the old dog proper medication to stop the loud consistent 24/7 scratching of his rubbery bubbled black sandpaper skin (KSSSHHHH!! KSHH!! KSSHH!!!!), i forgot the cd and jetted out of town as quickly as possible...

Anyone in the Louisville area or connected with J. Glenn know where to find this album or cd??  It sounded great. Worth paying for to own.

sidenote - hope the dog is ok he seemed very happy.

peafunk31

This thread needs a video of you driving around a living room in an old school motorcycle with a mangy dog in a side car while you rip rails of blow off of a Jethro Tull album.
Homer no function beer well without.

capt. scotty

Quote from: peafunk31 on Nov 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
This thread needs a video of you driving around a living room in an old school motorcycle with a mangy dog in a side car while you rip rails of blow off of a Jethro Tull album.

;D ;D ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

I've got a J. Glenn album, or maybe just demos, also in a homemade sleeve. 

Long Time No See

1. Chinese Eyes
2. Haunted Ways
3. Dime PC Doll
4. Wild Dog
5. Screendoor Bolt
6. Bloody Kisses
7. Doubles Rainbows
8. Cherokee Stomp

Did it look like this?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Luna Moth

Yea dude thats it I remember there beig more writing on it but yea.  the way he sings is tight. Id like to "donate" j glenn for a disc somehow or get the other mailed. you may get a pm if all else fails.

Guessing demo now, was there a date? 2011 or 2010maybe

johnnYYac

You might check out the My Space page cited on the disc.  Its blocked here at work, but I remember visiting it a while back.

http://www.myspace.com/jglenn

Luna Moth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 16, 2011, 12:05 PM
You might check out the My Space page cited on the disc.  Its blocked here at work, but I remember visiting it a while back.

the updated one is 13 tracks, purchased.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Luna Moth on Nov 16, 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 16, 2011, 12:05 PM

the updated one is 13 tracks, purchased.
Ditto.  Cheaper @ Amazon.

Luna Moth

the sound he's got on haunted ways alone is deserving of 8 bucks.

edit: niiice someone updated the myspace page today.. thanks for the tunes good fella