JJ on T5 + new album - article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 24, 2010, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

James, Broemel, Koster, bassist "Two Tone" Tommy Blankenship and drummer Patrick Hallahan will use the "Evil Urges" show — teasingly billed as "Evil Urges and Beyond" — t[highlight]o air new material that will be released on their sixth full-length[/highlight]. For the first time, James chose to make the album in his hometown. Staying in Louisville has provided its own comforts, and its own surprises, too.

"It's been wild," says the frontman. "We've never done one in the 'Ville before. It's been great, and it's given us a different take on the town as well. We're in a classic gymnasium, recording all live and bonding in the heat and in the absence of technology. No computers, no AC. Just us and God. God and us, I should say."

More here: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2010/08/my_morning_jacket_chases_the_s.html

Oh my God, I so want to go to the T5 shows  :'( But yaaay for those going  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

br00ke

manicfanatic

Great article!!  Thanks for sharing Sara!! ;) ;)
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

SaraBananaBear

QuoteGreat article!!  Thanks for sharing Sara!! ;) ;)

Sure thing, anytime I find something, it goes straight into the forum  :) Sharing is caring! ;)

johnnYYac

QuoteJames, Broemel, Koster, bassist "Two Tone" Tommy Blankenship and drummer Patrick Hallahan will use the "Evil Urges" show — teasingly billed as "Evil Urges and Beyond" — t[highlight]o air new material that will be released on their sixth full-length[/highlight]. For the first time, James chose to make the album in his hometown. Staying in Louisville has provided its own comforts, and its own surprises, too.

"It's been wild," says the frontman. "We've never done one in the 'Ville before. It's been great, and it's given us a different take on the town as well. We're in a classic gymnasium, recording all live and bonding in the heat and in the absence of technology. No computers, no AC. Just us and God. God and us, I should say."

More here: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2010/08/my_morning_jacket_chases_the_s.html

This article makes me feel better about only being able to attend the last night of T5.  Each night has a lot to offer we fans, but a slate of new material beyond Circuital will be special.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lil sis

"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

br00ke

QuoteJames points out that the lineup that made the first two albums isn't the same as the one that currently plays under the My Morning Jacket name. Multi-instrumentalist Carl Broemel and synthesizer player Bo Koster have toughened the band's approach and expanded its sonic palette. Their presence won't turn the early material inside out, but it virtually guarantees new discoveries for concertgoers.

this is going to be SO interesting !!!!

weeniebeenie

I feel your pain Sara. We'll just have to wallow in our misery for that whole week waiting for setlists and bootlegs etc.
How loud can silence get?

SaraBananaBear

I feel your pain Sara. We'll just have to wallow in our misery for that whole week waiting for setlists and bootlegs etc.

I know! At least we can wallow together! :)

BIGVICLBI

tdb810

Imagine my surprise and joy when I saw this on the front page (section 4) of my local Sunday paper......Chillz

And loved that some of my local friends (non-believers -- so far)  got to see it too!
.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

QuoteGo star ledger!!

Used to deliver that paper for years when I was a kid. 120 every Sunday.

Is the LBI in your screen name for Long Beach Island? If so you have a forum neighbor. 8-)
"Where's Jim going?"

el_chode

NJ must have the highest concentration of Jacketeers outside of Lville
I'm surrounded by assholes

ericm

QuoteNJ must have the highest concentration of Jacketeers outside of Lville

You might be right. 8-)

There was definitely a bunch of us that made it up to the Vermont show.

"Where's Jim going?"

lil sis

woot woot  8-)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ynwa

You might be right. 8-)

There was definitely a bunch of us that made it up to the Vermont show.

we sure did  8-)

oh yeah - great article!
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Bigsky

I new the last night was going to be extra special...so excited :D