Bob Mould/Sugar/Husker Du

Started by mjk73, Nov 28, 2011, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

johnnYYac

I admit to increased saliva production.

I LOVE this album - Copper Blue.  Fingers crossed Mould brings it to New England.

I saw Mould do a solo acoustic show in Georgetown 10-15 years ago.  He strummed the acoustic guitar for about 10 seconds, said "fuck this", threw it across the stage, and plugged in an electric.  2 hours of non-stop electric bliss. 

Thanks for the post, mjk73!

EDIT: also note CB recently reissued, first time on vinyl, 180 grams, remastered.  Sweet!

I used to have a cassette with Copper Blue on one side and Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way on the other.  Wore it out.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mjk73

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 28, 2011, 01:02 PM
I admit to increased saliva production.

I LOVE this album - Copper Blue.  Fingers crossed Mould brings it to New England.

I saw Mould do a solo acoustic show in Georgetown 10-15 years ago.  He strummed the acoustic guitar for about 10 seconds, said "fuck this", threw it across the stage, and plugged in an electric.  2 hours of non-stop electric bliss. 

Thanks for the post, mjk73!
2 hours of non stop electric bliss is how it should be.

tdb810

i listened to this album 17 BILLION times....this is so money. 
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

So excited for this.  A proper Sugar reunion would be amazing, but prolly not gonna happen...

Thanks for the heads up, mjk!   :thumbsup:  My brother and I are super psyched - they were one of the first "college radio" bands he introduced me to.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bowl of soup

That link might be my favorite link in the history of interweb linking:
A: The site is called "Slicing Up Eyeballs"!  Girl its sooooo groovy.
B. He said Superchunk.
C. Copper Blue is one of the greatest gifts to modern music in the history of modern music.

So in one small post I got Pixies + Superchunck + Bob Mould.  It's the Soup holy trinity.  Next you're gonna tell me that the Afghan Whigs are reforming to play Gentlemen as the opening act.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjk73

Quote from: bowl of soup on Nov 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
That link might be my favorite link in the history of interweb linking:
A: The site is called "Slicing Up Eyeballs"!  Girl its sooooo groovy.
B. He said Superchunk.
C. Copper Blue is one of the greatest gifts to modern music in the history of modern music.

So in one small post I got Pixies + Superchunck + Bob Mould.  It's the Soup holy trinity.  Next you're gonna tell me that the Afghan Whigs are reforming to play Gentlemen as the opening act.
That would have been too cruel my friend. Now the day that happens will be a tremendous day.