Main Menu

el camino

Started by ironmike, Nov 28, 2011, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: bold992006 on Mar 08, 2012, 08:14 AM
I saw them last night and they absolutely killed.   I've seen a few of "my" bands now play arenas and that was easily the best show I've seen.  I think they do it right.  Just straight through hard hitting rock.  I think that is what you need to do at an arena show.  The new songs were amazing live.

I saw MMJ play MSG and it was a good show but for my money I'll take the Keys...and I thought the crowd was pretty great.  Def some new fans but everyone was into it..hanging on every word and every riff.

I've seen them on every tour since their first album and yes they are more popular now but I don't think it affects the music one bit.  There are points in the set when it is just the two of them playing old tunes and it was like they were playing in a club again.   Amazing.
That's great to hear man.  I hear ya.  I'm not the Keys fan you are but I have seen them since the release of Thickfreakness and I was still damn impressed by their Hangout set last year.  Glad to hear there are still old school fans that enjoy their shows.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
Quote from: bold992006 on Mar 08, 2012, 08:14 AM
I saw them last night and they absolutely killed.   I've seen a few of "my" bands now play arenas and that was easily the best show I've seen.  I think they do it right.  Just straight through hard hitting rock.  I think that is what you need to do at an arena show.  The new songs were amazing live.

I saw MMJ play MSG and it was a good show but for my money I'll take the Keys...and I thought the crowd was pretty great.  Def some new fans but everyone was into it..hanging on every word and every riff.

I've seen them on every tour since their first album and yes they are more popular now but I don't think it affects the music one bit.  There are points in the set when it is just the two of them playing old tunes and it was like they were playing in a club again.   Amazing.
That's great to hear man.  I hear ya.  I'm not the Keys fan you are but I have seen them since the release of Thickfreakness and I was still damn impressed by their Hangout set last year.  Glad to hear there are still old school fans that enjoy their shows.

i watched a youtube clip of Everlasting Light when the balloons came down...looked awesome. my days are seeing them are over but still love all their albums. I'd love Dan to do another solo album..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

These guys are playing Merriweather in may. Hmmm......
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Dillsnufus

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9132C816EF083B67

took this at the boston show . they played great. would've loved some earlier stuff but they did a few. crowd was good too in terms of energy. 
Gazziza My Dillsnufus