Preservation Hall @ Carnegie Hall w/MMJ, Allen Toussaint, Del McCoury, etc...

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 29, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathstick

Going into this one with no expectations whatsoever except for it to be a fun show and a great time...plus it's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday! See you all at McGee's!

ericm

Quote from: deathstick on Jan 04, 2012, 05:52 PM
Going into this one with no expectations whatsoever except for it to be a fun show and a great time...plus it's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday! See you all at McGee's!

Same here Ant. Looking forward to a really fun show, and I'm good with however they all decide to have it play out.

McGee's will always have a special place in my heart.  See everyone there.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

br00ke

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 04, 2012, 05:42 PMAND, maybe Jim will have a new outfit?  A girl can dream..... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D that'd be fun ... that man can wear whatever he wants though !!

i'll be there for the meet up. def by 6pm if not earlier as i don't yet really have any plans that day. look forward to it folks  :thumbsup:

Fully

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 04, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 04, 2012, 05:42 PMAND, maybe Jim will have a new outfit?  A girl can dream..... ;D

i'll be there for the meet up. def by 6pm if not earlier as i don't yet really have any plans that day. look forward to it folks  :thumbsup:

FYI: He did have a new jacket on last Thursday night. Don't get too excited though, it wasn't that big of a departure from his normal outfit. He still had on the brown levi's. Can the man not get a different pair of pants. Surely there's a woman somewhere who can help him with this.

bluesky

Quote from: Fully on Jan 04, 2012, 09:39 PM

FYI: He did have a new jacket on last Thursday night. Don't get too excited though, it wasn't that big of a departure from his normal outfit. He still had on the brown levi's. Can the man not get a different pair of pants. Surely there's a woman somewhere who can help him with this.

He wears the brown pants well!!! I will try and meet up for 6pm as well...bar food for dinner  :P

Penny Lane

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 04, 2012, 09:49 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 04, 2012, 09:39 PM

He wears the brown pants well!!! I will try and meet up for 6pm as well...bar food for dinner  :P

can we stop talking about Yim's pants? trying to get some work done here..

(btw HH noticed my 6000th post yesterday, clearly i get no work done)  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

JaneCool

So, I do believe.....

ericm

Quote from: JaneCool on Jan 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
Have fun tomorrow everyone! Wish I could join you all!  :-*

Thanks JC.  8)  Wish you could join us too.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

TSarge

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

How cool is this?

While in the New York Metropolitan area for an appearance at Preservation Hall's 50th Anniversary Celebration at Carnegie Hall, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews will make a stop at East Rutherford, NJ's new MetLife Stadium. The New Orleans prodigy will perform a "soulful rendition" of the National Anthem this Sunday, January 8. The New York Giants will then face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL playoffs. Trombone Shorty will then board Jam Cruise for a series of performances.

Probably could go in the NFL thread, but fits here too.

GO SHORTY and GO GIANTS!!
"Where's Jim going?"

pharoahmano

met all the guys at the show at sleep no more Thursday night. Jim played 2 songs and fashioned a red boa at the end . They were all there and mad chill all spoke of how excited they were for tonight's show. should be a good one

oistheone

God damn I wish I was going tonight. There is only one word for a lineup like this: perfect.

mahg33ta

Wish there was a webcast, realizing that's the most wishful unlikely thinking ever.   But damn would love to see / hear

oistheone

Can't wait to hear some details. Hopefully everyone is having a blast!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.