Rolling Stone 50 Best Albums Of 2011

Started by jones, Dec 11, 2011, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Neighbour

Good for MMJ.

However, I often find Rolling Stones' "Best of..." lists to be one of the worst lists created each year, as they are too influenced by mainstream radio and large record labels.

DaFunkyPrecedent

....It's still a great list though.  Way better than many of the other lists i've seen all year. 
God damn those shaky knees.

rincon

It is good for them to get the exposure . What I don't get is the hyperbole the mainstream press gives this album, like it is the greatest thing they have ever done. I personally find it kinda the opposite.
"My Morning Jacket are America's great Southern-visionary rock band. Led by golden-voiced everydude Jim James, they reinvent themselves every time they make a record, and always make it seem like exactly the right move. Circuital is their proggiest set yet, and also their most soulful: There's a riff-spewing psychedelic ode to the pleasures of satanic rock ("Holdin on to Black Metal"); a sweet and tender ballad, possibly about the afterlife ("Wonderful [the Way I Feel]"); and a mess of big-screen jams. Part Isaac Hayes orchestral soul, part Pete Townshend highconcept rock, it's all MMJ."

Where is the mess of "Big Screen Jams"?