At Dawn Vinyl

Started by Shepardspy, Mar 28, 2010, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shepardspy

I just purchased At Dawn on vinyl and the lyrics to "Chills" is on the inside of the packaging but the song is not on the album.  Why is Darla Records messing with my head? WHY?!?

Nikkogino

Not just the vinyl....the cd is like that as well.  When I first bought at dawn back in the day, I was so confused.  Does anyone know if Chills was left off at the last second or was this a joke by the band to put the lyrics in the booklet but not include the song?

aMillionDreams

The first pressing of At Dawn came with the Demos CD which included Chills.  I don't know if that's the reason the lyrics are in there or if that's further evidence that Chills was originally supposed to be on At Dawn. Good question, I don't know the answer.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

headhunter

ok, just want to say that i'm listening to At Dawn on vinyl right now and there is no better MMJ vinyl experience (ok, maybe okonokos) out there.  Is it possible to get tired of listening to this record.  Not in my world. 

one week from tonight.  will i listen to any other band over the next week?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Im The Dude

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 07, 2011, 08:47 PM
ok, just want to say that i'm listening to At Dawn on vinyl right now and there is no better MMJ vinyl experience (ok, maybe okonokos) out there.  Is it possible to get tired of listening to this record.  Not in my world. 

You're right. I love listening to it LOUD! Plus, I find myself hearing new things from time to time.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Crispy

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 07, 2011, 08:47 PM

Agree with you on all counts, although I find myself not listening to MMJ at all (errr, much less than usual) in the time leading up to a show. I didn't even pay attention to the setlists from California, so that there might be some surprises in store for me. And I got several last night!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"