Most anticipated albums of 2012?

Started by wolof7, Dec 13, 2011, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

I believe Grizzly Bear is set to release an album in 2012 which I am pretty excited about.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

ralph

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 20, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote from: ALady on Dec 20, 2011, 12:04 PM
Simone Felice has a new record coming out in April, produced by one of the Mumford dudes I think.

http://www.simonefelice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53%3Aextra-extra-read-all-about-it&catid=1%3Ablog&Itemid=1

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

how good is New York Times? Simone has so much emotion in his voice. Totally drags you in...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Eweezy

Cannot wait to see them in February @ Sunset Cove in Boca and for their new album to drop, ladies and gentlemen....The Avett Brothers.

The Avett Brothers - The Once and Future Carpenter (new song 2011)
Yikes!

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjk73

buaawwww

Mark Lanegan Band - "Blues Funeral"
Howlin Rain - "The Russian Wilds"

And hopefully new releases from Pearl Jam and Tool.

MrWhippy

I'm excited about the new Mark Lanegan record as well, but what I most want from him is another Gutter Twins record.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

Ghosts_on_TV

Craig Finn's solo album is coming out next month. I really like the two songs on the single he released. The new hold steady could also be released this year, I know they are already writing for it.

Craig Finn - Honolulu Blues
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Eweezy

Forgot about these hopefuls for 2012:

Gary Clark, Jr.
The Temper Trap
Queens of the Stone Age
Muse
Silversun Pickups
Best Coast
and the Deftones, too.
Yikes!

weeniebeenie

Looking forward to:

Justin Townes Earle
Soundgarden
How loud can silence get?

dragonboy

Michael Kiwanuka is man of the moment in the UK press, his debut is due out in March...

Michael Kiwanuka - Tell Me A Tale (Later with Jools Holland)

Ob1jacobe

Decemberists - we all raise our voices to the air (live album).  This and shins top my list.

mahg33ta

Not at the top of my list, but I don't think mentioned yet-   Civil Twilight's new album March 27th.   If it's any good I will check them out when they tour.

iLikeBeer

I'm excited about getting my hands on the new Guided By Voices:

Let's Go Eat The Factory

mjk73

wolof7

A new Mars Volta album? It's been 2 yrs already, why not:

Mars Volta returns in epic and unexpected fashion with its sixth album: Noctourniquet, which will be released March 27 by Warner Bros.

While Noctourniquet was, in typical Mars Volta fashion, written by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler-Zavala and produced by Rodriguez-Lopez, the 13-track album explores musical territories previously uncharted in the duo's 20 or so years of creating music together.

The spectrum of musical and emotional textures conceived and created by Rodriguez-Lopez on Noctourniquet ranges from the opening bombast of "The Whip Hand" to the menacing crawl of "The Malkin Jewel" punctuated throughout by hypnotic melodies and borderline electro-ambient washes, most notably in the epic "In Absentia."

As with previous Mars Volta efforts, Bixler-Zavala's lyrics trace a narrative journey with a defined protagonist, this time inspired by disparate elements including '80s UK alt-rockers The Godfathers, Superman comic nemesis Solomon Grundy and the Greek myth of Hyacinthus.

Noctourniquet was performed by The Mars Volta lineup of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Juan Alderete de la Pena, Marcel Rodriguez Lopez, and Deantoni Parks.

Tracklisting

1.) The Whip Hand
2.) Aegis
3.) Dyslexicon
4.) Empty Vessels Make the Loudest Sound
5.) The Malkin Jewel
6.) Lapochka
7.) In Absentia
8.) Imago
9.) Molochwalker
10.) Trinkets Pale of Moon
11.) Vedamalady
12.) Noctourniquet
13.) Zed and Two Naughts
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Northern Neighbour

Sleigh Bells is the album that I'm most looking forward to in 2012 - well, at least in early 2012.

Tomorrow, Rodrigo y Gabriela and Porcelain are releasing albums.  Excellent!