Main Menu

tune-yards

Started by e_wind, Feb 05, 2012, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I can't stop listening to Whokill, the record is brilliant. anyone else

this girl is like a female keller williams
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

Yep. Love it. Bizness is such a great song. Kicking myself for missing their show here towards the end of last year. Stupid family events interfering with concert going.

e_wind

I really want to see her/them live. I feel like its a strong possibility for a festival this year. Gangsta and My Country are my favorite tracks. I really cant understand how pop hip hop and electronic music can exist as dance music when shit like this exists.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 05, 2012, 05:16 PM
I can't stop listening to Whokill, the record is brilliant. anyone else

this girl is like a female keller williams
Powa has stolen my heart. Also love Killa.
We understand it's the '90s.

oistheone

Whokill is one far out record. Definitely not the sort of thing I'd usually listen to, but day after day, I find myself coming back to it. Hope to catch a show this summer!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Really, really tried to get into this band. Just couldn't do it. Even passed up a free show last spring at the 2nd Street festival in Philly.  :-\
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Really, really tried to get into this band. Just couldn't do it. Even passed up a free show last spring at the 2nd Street festival in Philly.  :-\

they're hit or miss for me, like a lot of TV on the Radio..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

More like Re-Tuneyards......This Shit Sucks!!!!  It's even worse than the Fruit Bats!!  I hate these Re-Tyards.  Excuse me while I put on my Lana Del Ray cd.   

If I ever get high enough to wanna listen to this shit I'll already be listening to Animal Collective. 
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Penny Lane

Quote from: sweatboard on Feb 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
More like Re-Tuneyards......This Shit Sucks!!!!  It's even worse than the Fruit Bats!!  I hate these Re-Tyards.  Excuse me while I put on my Lana Del Ray cd.   

If I ever get high enough to wanna listen to this shit I'll already be listening to Animal Collective.

ha ha....that's funny...agree about Animal Collective but Fruit Bats last 2 albums are terrific!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

iLikeBeer

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Really, really tried to get into this band. Just couldn't do it.
I echo these sentiments. Although, admittedly, I didn't really try all that hard...  :P   ;)   :beer:

ManNamedTruth

I think I might like them. I like the songs on the album that I haven't previously heard better than the more popular songs I've heard on the radio.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!