First My Morning Jacket song to fill your ears this year..

Started by evilurges86, Jan 01, 2012, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilurges86

Lay low, one of my favorites, started the year off right for me!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

smhoffmann02

Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

danz

Fully

bluesky

wolof7

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

evilurges86

havent seen any circuital tracks pop up yet....seems everyone is starting off the year with mmj classics  :thumbsup:
Love it!!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

johnnYYac

Steam Engine was the first to pop up randomly when I was running my iPhone through my car audio on shuffle.  I'd spent the New Years weekend at a friend's home where everyone despises MMJ ("great musicians, but I can't stand that guy's voice."  ???).

The music they played all night was excruciating (Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Beyonce, Dave Matthews, Coldplay, some horrendous Pandora station called "I'm sexy and I know it").  I really wanted to take over the tunes, but decided to keep MMJ out of conversation as much as possible. 

As luck would have it, Steam Engine came along and started 2012 right - a live version from 2004, I believe.   

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

TheThird

[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

mahg33ta

evilurges86

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 03, 2012, 02:35 PM
Steam Engine was the first to pop up randomly when I was running my iPhone through my car audio on shuffle.  I'd spent the New Years weekend at a friend's home where everyone despises MMJ ("great musicians, but I can't stand that guy's voice."  ???).

The music they played all night was excruciating (Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Beyonce, Dave Matthews, Coldplay, some horrendous Pandora station called "I'm sexy and I know it").  I really wanted to take over the tunes, but decided to keep MMJ out of conversation as much as possible. 

As luck would have it, Steam Engine came along and started 2012 right - a live version from 2004, I believe.

sounds like steam engine was meant to be  ;)

i have a friend who says the same thing about our jims voice I just dont understand... he has "the voice of an angel living inside of your heart possessing your soul"  ::)

SplatSplatSplat

We listened to the New Year's show from a few years back...the one in San Fran.  One that I was lucky enough to have attended.  I tried to sync it up as close as I could, think I ended up being about 38 seconds off (yes, someone timed it)...we just went with the show and counted down with recording.

So the first song I heard was Celebration.  And the living room became a dancefloor.  First original MMJ song of the year was Cobra. Either way, I'm good.

Yeah baby.
You need it.  That's for sure.

iLikeBeer

Golden was my first MMJ listen of the year.  My father passed away suddenly 2 days before New Years and that song has been on a steady rotation on my Zune since he passed.  It's been a rough week and a half for me and my family (my mom has been staying at my house since it happened).  Last night my wife and I had our first 'alone time' and we just put MMJ on shuffle on the stereo and had some wonderful therapy.  Music seems to be such a powerful healer for the soul...

johnnYYac

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Golden was my first MMJ listen of the year.  My father passed away suddenly 2 days before New Years and that song has been on a steady rotation on my Zune since he passed.  It's been a rough week and a half for me and my family (my mom has been staying at my house since it happened).  Last night my wife and I had our first 'alone time' and we just put MMJ on shuffle on the stereo and had some wonderful therapy.  Music seems to be such a powerful healer for the soul...
So sorry for your loss, Matt.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  Take care.

subinai

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Jan 07, 2012, 12:37 PM
evil urges front to back
Y'know, I threw on EU a couple of nights ago and almost posted about it.  After 7+ months of Circuital-mania, and cleansing my palate with 'roo '04, EU sounded fantastic.  For all the complaining, about the lack of guitar-driven ISM-esque rock, listen to EU again.  Its there, along with many layers of inspiration and exploration.  Its not perfect, but its pretty damn good!

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 07, 2012, 12:44 PM
Its not perfect, but its pretty damn good!

probably the best way of putting it. a lot of great songs on that album.