Jim James in Under The Radar

Started by True, Sep 30, 2010, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

I couldn't find the article online, wanted to give a heads up that there's an article with Jim in there talking about Twin Peaks. It has some photos of Jim dressed as the midget and as a dead Laura Palmer. It came out a couple months ago but I saw it the other day at a Barnes And Noble, so maybe there's some copies still floating around. Sorry if this was posted before, I used the search function and nothing came up.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

SaraBananaBear

QuoteI couldn't find the article online, wanted to give a heads up that there's an article with Jim in there talking about Twin Peaks. It has some photos of Jim dressed as the midget and as a dead Laura Palmer. It came out a couple months ago but I saw it the other day at a Barnes And Noble, so maybe there's some copies still floating around. Sorry if this was posted before, I used the search function and nothing came up.

I haven't seen it, I've seen some quotes from it in other places of the interweb, it would be nice to read the whole thing though  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI couldn't find the article online, wanted to give a heads up that there's an article with Jim in there talking about Twin Peaks. It has some photos of Jim dressed as the midget and as a dead Laura Palmer. It came out a couple months ago but I saw it the other day at a Barnes And Noble, so maybe there's some copies still floating around. Sorry if this was posted before, I used the search function and nothing came up.

I haven't seen it, I've seen some quotes from it in other places of the interweb, it would be nice to read the whole thing though  :)

Maybe I'll go back and buy it, i could scan it in if not many people have seen it. You'd have to be familiar with Twin Peaks to understand what he's talking about, it's a strange show and Jim pretty much just rambles on a bunch of thoughts. The best part is the pics of Jim.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

br00ke

i'd love to see the pictures (and read the article)

for anyone on a hunt . . this is what the cover looks like and the issue details:

Issue #32
Jul 29, 2010 ISSUE #32 - SUMMER 2010 - WASTED ON THE YOUTH

br00ke

ha .. curiosity got my goat and i ordered it. i buy a ton of magazines for work each month so i just put it on my corporate card  ;D i'll scan and post whenever it comes in

SaraBananaBear

Quoteha .. curiosity got my goat and i ordered it. i buy a ton of magazines for work each month so i just put it on my corporate card  ;D i'll scan and post whenever it comes in

Great! Really appreciate that :)

classicrocker623

Found this on an MMJ blog yesterday that's from this interview:

"The thread of magic that holds it all together, it opened that door to understanding what magic really is: when you are having that deep understanding and two way back-and-forth with another soul that just sings. Or that point in life where two souls transcend every possible boundary when fortunate enough to really know each other in making love — real love that fully touches the heart and body and mind and soul in every way and you are just gone. You're lost in the magic of the universe and God is alive in every kiss and touch and sweet word spoken. Or the feeling one is fortunate enough to feel when playing music or making art with true spirits of kindred soul, to really rip it wide open and tear a hole down the middle of the cosmos and feel God weep with joy that you are using what he and the spirits gave you the almighty gift of life for — you are really using it to its full potential, for all it's meant to be this life — feeling the magic and not taking it for granted."[ch65279]

woodnymph

QuoteFound this on an MMJ blog yesterday that's from this interview:

"The thread of magic that holds it all together, it opened that door to understanding what magic really is: when you are having that deep understanding and two way back-and-forth with another soul that just sings. Or that point in life where two souls transcend every possible boundary when fortunate enough to really know each other in making love — real love that fully touches the heart and body and mind and soul in every way and you are just gone. You're lost in the magic of the universe and God is alive in every kiss and touch and sweet word spoken. Or the feeling one is fortunate enough to feel when playing music or making art with true spirits of kindred soul, to really rip it wide open and tear a hole down the middle of the cosmos and feel God weep with joy that you are using what he and the spirits gave you the almighty gift of life for — you are really using it to its full potential, for all it's meant to be this life — feeling the magic and not taking it for granted."[ch65279]
Jesus in all seriousness I actually had like a tear forming by the end of that...... thank you for posting!!!! :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

EasyRyder

Jesus in all seriousness I actually had like a tear forming by the end of that...... thank you for posting!!!! :o

Are these Jim's words??? what an unbelievable statement of human beauty....thank you so much.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

skyisburning

Goddamn...Yim is rather eloquent. I wish I could be quoted as saying things like this in my lifetime...probably not gonna happen, though, haha.

johnnYYac

I think I can use this quote to help folks understand my appreciation for YY and MMJ.  Clear emotional articulation!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

st. john

hey johnnyyac

as always.....!

''emotional articulation'' = premeditated infatuation.

hope all good with yassss.

johnnYYac

Quotehey johnnyyac

as always.....!

''emotional articulation'' = premeditated infatuation.

hope all good with yassss.
Hey Sandi.  What up, girl?  All's good, MMJ with wife Michele on Friday in beatutiful Portland, Maine with a nice hotel next door.  BTW, mom went through lumpectomy and is low risk after genetic testing and pathology results, so no chemo.  Looks like another survivor!  I appreciate your kind words.  Hope all is well on the west coast.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

br00ke

you can read the article >>>> HERE

the midget picture kind'a scares me  ;D

SaraBananaBear

Quoteyou can read the article >>>> HERE

the midget picture kind'a scares me  ;D

Thank you so much br00ke! :) I think the second picture is more scary  though :-/

Ghostess on TV

Wow. That's awesome.