Yim Yames...A Tribute to

Started by dkessler175, Jun 24, 2009, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

QuoteFinally bought the CD over the weekend at local indie shop. It was only a dollar more than Best Buy. Such awesome, dreamy music. Love listening to it on headphones before bed getting in between Yim and his sweet lord.  :) Love You To is the BEST.

Gonna go back and buy 2 more copies. One to mail to a friend and one to keep unopened for myself. It's such a cute, mini 'White Album' little package.
:)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ALady

Got mine yesterday.  As others have said, the packaging really is gorgeous.  And I love the t-shirt!  The material is so soft.  The design is simple and clean, and I love the little chicken in the second "o" in Woodstock   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ChiefOKONO

Just heard the vinyl and it is oohhhh so sweet!  i HIGHLY recommend it to all!!
:D

Penny Lane

Rolling Stone reviewed and gave it 3 and 1/2 stars, nice little write up in the latest issue (w/Obama on the cover).  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AMightyCaporal

QuoteRolling Stone reviewed and gave it 3 and 1/2 stars, nice little write up in the latest issue (w/Obama on the cover).  ;)

OBAAMAAAAAAA  ;D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Soulshine

Because we're all in this together...

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ophidiophobia

Hopefully I can get this record in the next couple of weeks, but all that I have heard off the website sounds awesome. I love the mellowness of the record.

JerseyDan

have bought 4 copies of the cd. while i have always carried the flag for MMJ, something about the release has touched a new part of my soul. i can't play it for someone and not get a great response, which leads me to just wanting to hand it off to that person. i've given a copy to a pregnant friend who is up and down emotionally, my bff who is a few months from marriage and living her best days, and my current love interest who i have been on shaky ground with but she keeps coming back for more (she was my MSG-NYE date)...and of course a final copy for myself. good on ya Jim, these songs and your performances bridge gaps and save souls.

sweatboard

Quotehave bought 4 copies of the cd. while i have always carried the flag for MMJ, something about the release has touched a new part of my soul. i can't play it for someone and not get a great response, which leads me to just wanting to hand it off to that person. i've given a copy to a pregnant friend who is up and down emotionally, my bff who is a few months from marriage and living her best days, and my current love interest who i have been on shaky ground with but she keeps coming back for more (she was my MSG-NYE date)...and of course a final copy for myself. good on ya Jim, these songs and your performances bridge gaps and save souls.

Totally agree, that's beautiful.  All Things Must Pass is so breathtaking.
There's Still Time.........

the_wizzard

rob

Quotehave bought 4 copies of the cd. while i have always carried the flag for MMJ, something about the release has touched a new part of my soul. i can't play it for someone and not get a great response, which leads me to just wanting to hand it off to that person. i've given a copy to a pregnant friend who is up and down emotionally, my bff who is a few months from marriage and living her best days, and my current love interest who i have been on shaky ground with but she keeps coming back for more (she was my MSG-NYE date)...and of course a final copy for myself. good on ya Jim, these songs and your performances bridge gaps and save souls.

Great post! I feel the same. I've bought two. This little EP is just SO powerful.......and it's so sneaky too because it just keeps gaining power with each listen. Jim is so awesome on this, and major props to George for creating the originals.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

ralph

put this on for the first time in a little while to start up my Sunday morning. It truly is a wonderful little EP...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.