Grammys Awards : Alternative Music Album

Started by sandeepmanral, Dec 27, 2011, 02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandeepmanral

Who will win Best Alternative Music Album at the Grammys Awards?

1 - Bon Iver
2 - The King of Limbs (Radiohead)
3 - Torches (Foster the People)
4 - Codes and Keys (Death Cab for Cutie)
5 - Circuital (My Morning Jacket)

http://www.goldderby.com/events/329/grammys-2011/alternative-music-album.html

rincon

The term Alternative Rock is so undefined it makes Alternative Country sound laser sharp. Most MMJ songs would blendin perfectly(while blowing the standards away at the same time) on Classic Rock stations.

MSchroeder

I figure it's Bon Iver.  One of the best album I have purchasednn recent years

smhoffmann02

Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

subinai

BH

I'm betting Bon Iver since they are also nominated in other bigger categories.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rincon

Maybe the past leg on the tour was a Grammy promo. Universal Studios and Madison Square Garden? I bet lotsa insiders were at both of those shows and were effin floored by a band they knew little about. Good timing!

Luna Moth

Rincon is right on the category they need to make some more, they pretty much put bands in there that don't fit in the other categories.. its 2011 hardly any bands fit in those categories. Hey Grammies update yo shit!

Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Dec 27, 2011, 05:51 PM
If FTP wins, I will go postal.

mynameiscurt

My money is on Bon Iver for this one, but honestly it is probably deserved.  I have listened to that album almost as much as I have Circuital, and I have to say it is pretty rad.  I'd love to see MMJ win, but as long as one of those win it is all good.  Also, I don't get Radiohead anymore, oh well.

The DARK

I wouldn't mind if MMJ, Bon Iver, or Radiohead (really like the new one, think it's underrated) win. Then again, I wouldn't mind if any of them win. It's the Grammys.
In another time, in another place, in another face

youreveningcoat

I wouldnt mind if its MMJ, Foster the People, or Bon Iver.. thats probably the order i would prefer though but if i was judging i'd be biased   ;D
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

firesofcanning

Quote from: The DARK on Jan 07, 2012, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't mind if MMJ, Bon Iver, or Radiohead (really like the new one, think it's underrated) win. Then again, I wouldn't mind if any of them win. It's the Grammys.

agreed!
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

tdb810

I am a hopeless awards show junkie, so i will surely be tuning in for the grammys -- even though im sure i will want to poke my eyes and ears out for almost the entire show. 

Anyway, I must admit, I'm curious about the Red Carpet.....are they going?  I mean I know they were there in 08, but I haven't seen much about it.  As with many things, I have mixed feelings about all of this.  Do I want them to win?  Yes and No.  It's so arbitrary really.....but I wouldn't mind some tuxes on the Red Carpet :)
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

I have a feeling we can expect to see the boys attend.  They're a long shot but I don't think they, or we, care all that much.  The nom is cool but a win... eh.  Enjoy the show.  When is it?  Sunday?  Return of The Walking Dead wins.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sweatboard

I really don't care as long as Lanna Del Ray to comes out and takes a dump on the microphone before they announce the winner. 

There's Still Time.........