Jack White solo album - Blunderbuss 4/24

Started by DewieCox, Jan 30, 2012, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotchishm

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
Checked in here hoping for a link to the new album, but cant wait to hear it regardless.

I liked the SNL live cuts, and the 2 different bands schtick is solid  :bath:

Been checking twitter and leaks all day every day so if it leaks I'll bring the good news
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

kotchishm

Album has leaked per Leaks All Day twitter.

EDIT: It's out there...not sure if I'm supposed to post leak links?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

EasyRyder

"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good...especially Jack White and his new album, Blunderbuss - which indeed was very very (very) good."

- Genesis footnote
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

johnnYYac

Jack White to stream concert, Oldman to direct

By JAKE COYLE
AP Entertainment Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jack White will kick off the release of his first solo album with a concert streamed live online, to be directed by Gary Oldman.

The show will be the first installment in the third season of American Express' "Unstaged" series, which pairs top musical acts with renowned filmmakers. White's concert at New York's Webster Hall will be streamed live April 27 (9 p.m. EST) on VEVO, free of charge.

A few days prior, on April 24, White will release "Blunderbuss," the first solo album from the former White Stripe.

The "Unstaged" series has drawn more than 70 million streams for performances from Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Mary J. Blige and others.

Though best known for his acting, Oldman directed the critically-acclaimed 1997 film "Nil by Mouth."
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AlwxanderD10

This album is one of the greatest things ive ever listened to. jack white is amazing  :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath:

EasyRyder

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 16, 2012, 02:14 PM

By JAKE COYLE
AP Entertainment Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jack White will kick off the release of his first solo album with a concert streamed live online, to be directed by Gary Oldman.

The show will be the first installment in the third season of American Express' "Unstaged" series, which pairs top musical acts with renowned filmmakers. White's concert at New York's Webster Hall will be streamed live April 27 (9 p.m. EST) on VEVO, free of charge.

A few days prior, on April 24, White will release "Blunderbuss," the first solo album from the former White Stripe.

The "Unstaged" series has drawn more than 70 million streams for performances from Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Mary J. Blige and others.

Though best known for his acting, Oldman directed the critically-acclaimed 1997 film "Nil by Mouth."

Can't wait for this...there's some more info here too - album stream TONIGHT on iTunes:

http://jackwhiteiii.com/itunes-stream-of-blunderbuss-release-week-shows-and-american-express-unstaged/

Jack White - American Express UNSTAGED Trailer
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 16, 2012, 02:14 PM

By JAKE COYLE
AP Entertainment Writer

Whoa, when I read Oldman immediately I thought "no way its Gary Oldman"....well, "yes, way"... that dude just gets more bad ass by the year  8)

Not like JW isnt also bad ass  ::)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

kotchishm

I really, really like this album.  My least favorite song is actually Sixteen Saltines.  Whole thing is solid

ophidiophobia

It's all over the place musically which I'm not a fan of, but I'm really enjoying all the pieces of the album. I Guess I Should Go To Sleep reminds me of a Hank Williams Sr. song that my uncle play.

DewieCox

Cool album. As it starts settling into it's place, I can't quite tell where it's gonna go. Lotta of the tunes are very cool and alot of different stuff which I think my favorites of his have, namely Get Behind Me Satan and Consolers of the Lonely. Something about this one doesn't feel quite as strong as those.

All in all, I'm happy as hell with this album. It's got everything I hoped for in it. Love how it has a sound here and there lifted right from his 3 other main bands and his other 3rd Man work.

It was a little bit of a letdown to hear he's partnering up with Columbia to put out the album. Takes nothing away from the music, it just seems to be a backwards look for someone who usually seems so forward-thinking.

BigHerm

Can someone PM me a link?  :dankk2:

kotchishm

jimsflyingv

Just received my copy of Blunderbuss on vinyl and I am amazed. Best album of the year so far :)
And I have not listened to side b yet :)

Penny Lane

i'm loving this album, too. love the piano..and like od said above, it's all over the map, which is awesome
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold992006

Quote from: DewieCox on Apr 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cool album. As it starts settling into it's place, I can't quite tell where it's gonna go. Lotta of the tunes are very cool and alot of different stuff which I think my favorites of his have, namely Get Behind Me Satan and Consolers of the Lonely. Something about this one doesn't feel quite as strong as those.

All in all, I'm happy as hell with this album. It's got everything I hoped for in it. Love how it has a sound here and there lifted right from his 3 other main bands and his other 3rd Man work.

It was a little bit of a letdown to hear he's partnering up with Columbia to put out the album. Takes nothing away from the music, it just seems to be a backwards look for someone who usually seems so forward-thinking.

He talks about this in several interviews.  It is just a reality of the business.  An artist at his level cannot put out mass amounts of albums like a major label can.  He also talks about how when it comes down to it, it is the indie labels you get screwed over by.  As long as he has full artistic control which he does I don't see anything wrong with it.

He also points out that most of his favorite albums are on major labels...which for me is true also.  I wouldn't say this is backwards thinking.  Just a reality of the business.  Being on a major gives him the ability to do the stuff he wants to do on 3rd man.

I love this album.  He best quality is being unpredictable and that is what this album is.  Probably my favorite album of the year so far.

jimsflyingv

Freedom at 21, is a great new version of Seven Nation Army, Seven Nation Army 2.0 so to speak, curious how it will sound when played live.

oistheone

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Apr 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Freedom at 21, is a great new version of Seven Nation Army, Seven Nation Army 2.0 so to speak, curious how it will sound when played live.

Check out die Harald Schmidt Show, my favorite German late-night program.

http://www.sat1.de/tv/die-harald-schmidt-show/video/die-show-vom-19-04-2012-ganze-folge

21 is around the 40-minute mark of the show. I think it kicks much ass live.

jimsflyingv

too bad I missed it but I did not watch Harald Schmidt for ages :)
Grüße aus Berlin

Ruckus

What a mature, badass rock n' roll album.  Dude just does not put out mediocre, uninspiring stuff.  Jumps right there with Dr. Dog for my favorite album of the year.  I have only listened to it 2x though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 20, 2012, 02:01 PM
What a mature, badass rock n' roll album.  Dude just does not put out mediocre, uninspiring stuff.  Jumps right there with Dr. Dog for my favorite album of the year.  I have only listened to it 2x though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

psssst, ya know, could ya....?