Please release terminal 5 and MSG shows

Started by Somey, Jan 27, 2012, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somey

I was lucky enough to attend all those shows, I was hoping for some news about this but haven't seen anything in a while. I personally been buying vinyls rescently, so a box set is right up my alley.  I have seen 15 shows and yes have bootlegs of most but they are all audience recordings. There is nothing more I want than 2 listen to re-mastered live shows that I have been too.  If anybody knows something about this please fill me in.  Plus the best is I have only been able to watch videos from T5 and no bootlegs, I dono if they even exist. So listening to them would be amazing.

Let's go Giants

Ghosts_on_TV

T5 will get released eventually.  The only thing not known is if all of the covers will be cleared.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Swedgin

Total specualtion, but Record Store Day is coming up in a few months.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Swedgin on Jan 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

I really, really hope they don't release it for that. Couple reasons...

1. Most releases for RSD are limited, and I'd hate not being able to get one.
2. Most releases for RSD are fuckin expensive
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

oistheone

I'd be down for a RSD release. Beats no release!

Plus, a lot of the "limited" RSD releases aren't exactly hard to come by. The Wilco live set from a few years back was "limited", but copies can still be purchased at cost. And in terms of expensive vinyl box sets, a run of 3000 copies really isn't that limited at all. Well, for a Beatles set, yes. But for MMJ? Bring it on!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 27, 2012, 10:29 AM

Plus, a lot of the "limited" RSD releases aren't exactly hard to come by. The Wilco live set from a few years back was "limited", but copies can still be purchased at cost. And in terms of expensive vinyl box sets, a run of 3000 copies really isn't that limited at all. Well, for a Beatles set, yes. But for MMJ? Bring it on!

Hold the phone... a Wilco live set for RSD? Where/When was this?!

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 27, 2012, 10:30 AM

He's referring to Kicking Television which I know you bout for half price.

When they release it on vinyl, there will be no way that it will be that limited a release that those that want it can't get it at cost.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 27, 2012, 10:30 AM

He's referring to Kicking Television which I know you bout for half price.

Hahaha I had no idea that was a special release. Best $40 I've spent in a long time.

Swedgin

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 27, 2012, 09:31 AM
Quote from: Swedgin on Jan 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

2. Most releases for RSD are fuckin expensive

Whether it's for RSD or not, vinyl box sets are always expensive! If you were to release all 5 shows, it would be at least 10 records or as many as 20.

gardenparty

i want this set issued more than anything in the world.  Night one was one of the best shows i've ever seen.  some of the songs were downright haunting and others just slayed

As we get further from the performance i see it less likely though.  They've already released a new album that wasn't documented (almost a year ago) and seem to be moving along.   Maybe just a complilation to satisfy our needs at this point?

We know the shows were recorded.  I know some member here talked to Patrick and he said they recorded all the shows.  That they would listen to them and decide what they wanted to do with it.  My guess is they didn't like it enough to release.  so sad :'(

I will always hold out hope though

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: gardenparty on Jan 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
i want this set issued more than anything in the world.  Night one was one of the best shows i've ever seen.  some of the songs were downright haunting and others just slayed

As we get further from the performance i see it less likely though.  They've already released a new album that wasn't documented (almost a year ago) and seem to be moving along.   Maybe just a complilation to satisfy our needs at this point?

We know the shows were recorded.  I know some member here talked to Patrick and he said they recorded all the shows.  That they would listen to them and decide what they wanted to do with it.  My guess is they didn't like it enough to release.  so sad :'(

I will always hold out hope though

While its always possible they could shelve it, don't forget that the exclusive downloads that came with the deluxe Circuital package were from the "forthcoming box set". Hopefully they wouldnt blue ball us like that. I doubt it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

jimsflyingv

I can not wait until a release of the T5 concerts will be available

gardenparty

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Feb 17, 2012, 03:13 AM
I can not wait until a release of the T5 concerts will be available
Welcome to the party, Pal

Dillsnufus

Quote from: gardenparty on Jan 30, 2012, 11:42 PM

My Morning Jacket Terminal 5 Tennessee Fire Show
Gazziza My Dillsnufus