Record Store Day 2012(April, 21 2012)

Started by RedMosquito22, Feb 15, 2012, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMosquito22

Anyone hear if MMJ will have anything available?  I can't seem to find an official list anywhere.

jones

This was on the RSD FB page earlier today:

QuoteCool things leaking out about what's in store on Record Store Day. We're pulling all the details together and our list will be out shortly. We promise it will be worth the wait!

headhunter

Still kinda early for any announcements.

"hopefully"
was some shakin' and some record playin'

BadfooT

I don't see MMJ as a band that would sit RSD out all together, but I'm not seeing them on the list.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/0...012-rsd12.html

the_other_sun

talked to my record store today (Underground Sounds - Ann Arbor) and they also said they have not heard anything from MMJ  :(

headhunter

For this year's Record Store Day on April 21, the Flaming Lips will release The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends, a collaborative two-LP collection of songs featuring those aforementioned guests, as well as Nick Cave, Coldplay's Chris Martin, My Morning Jacket's Yim Yames, Neon Indian and others.

Though some tracks have already appeared on other limited releases, most of the music on The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends is being pressed for the first time on extremely limited hand-thrown colored vinyl.
The Lips will also appear on another single for Record Store Day, as part of Warner Record's on-going Side by Side series. A baby pink 7" will feature Atlanta's heavy metal band, Mastodon covering "Spoonful Weighs a Ton," off the Lips' 1999 album The Soft Bulletin.

Check out the full tracklisting for The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends below.

Side 1:
1. 2012 (featuring Ke$ha and Biz Markie)
2. Ashes In The Air (featuring Bon Iver)
3. Helping The Retarded To Know God (featuring Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)

Side 2:
1. Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee (featuring Prefuse 73)
2. Children Of The Moon (featuring Tame Impala)
3. That Ain't My Trip (featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)
4. You, Man? Human? (featuring Nick Cave)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

jcoyote

There is also going to be a New Multitudes 10" being released.  If I can find it again, I will link to it. 

shakermaker05

The official list has been posted on Record Store Day.  No mmj this year  :-(  Really bummed out especially when I had so much fun scouring NE Ohio last year for the pic disc set, which I ultimately found all 3 :-)
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH