all members DJing on radio

Started by kylemeredith81, Oct 20, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

1. Carl is my hero for playing some Phossy!  YEAH!!   :)
2. Jim clearly loves that Good God! series, and I can't blame him...I do too.  Thank you Numero for being awesome.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ms. yvon

i loved listening to these shows!  really cool and interesting cross-over among their lists.

georgejonesgeorgejonesgeorgejones
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

the_wizzard

I am finally getting around to streaming these today (I have a day full of office work and filing), and it is the perfect soundtrack!

Btw, did JJ steal my record collection  ;)?  I mean seriously: Nina, Marvin, Sam, Edwin Hawkins Singers, Roy Ayers, Irma....
The man has good taste!

ALady - what is this Good God! series you speak of?  Is there a soul/gospel compilation out there?

ALady

Yeah - the Numero Group has put out two fantastic collections: Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal and Good God! Born Again Funk.

http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog.php?subcat=Gospel-GoodGod

Jim bit the beat on "Dear God" off Trevor Dandy's "Is There Any Love" off A Gospel Funk Hymnal.

Couldn't recommend them more highly.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

slimsloslider

numero has had a booth at the pitchfork festival swap meet tent for the past couple years and i've gotten to talk with a couple of guys that run the label. they're super-cool and definitely in it for the right reasons. they've got sick tastes and they're doing a phenomenal job getting music reissued for those of us who don't have the time or the means to dig like they do. i asked them about how the royalties panned out for "dear god," and they replied, "everyone got paid. not much, but everyone was paid. have you heard the roots version (2.0)? its awful." apparently they prefer the monsters of folk version. i'm gonna have to agree. not even gonna bother listening to john legends'

BH

The Louvin Brothers seem to keep popping up with Jim too.

Has anyone heard this album?   I'd like to get one and I keep seeing this when I do a search for them....

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.