MMJ Plates (was 2 degrees of seperation between me and Bluesky)

Started by mahg33ta, Feb 17, 2012, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

Today, for the first time a "normal" person saw my license plate and knew what it meant.  (Johnny Yac saw it last year, but he doesn't count)   Usually I get a "huh what is that?" (once I got a "cool you are a big Michael Jackson fan!") ouch

The person that saw it is a friend of Valerie / Bluesky, and called her saying she saw it.   Val emailed me asking if it was me - good guess!

Turns out Val's friend's kid goes to pre-school w/ my daughter, and is friendly w/ my wife.   Small world!!

Penny Lane

GREAT STORY!

Also cool how Brooke and bluesky have a lot of the same friends in NYC and didn't even know it.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Nice plate! and story too!

I'm really impressed with the neatness of your garage. Also, that little munchkin is downright cute!

zanjam

Awesome plate!  I am anxiously awaiting my Cali TN FIRE to arrive.  Should be any day now...

When I first told my husband I ordered MMJ plates he asked what I got.  I told him I got I <3 MMJ and I swear he almost killed me with his death stare.  He was so annoyed with me.  Oopsie...didn't mean to make you panic, honey...it was just a jokey!  Not gonna make you drive the minivan with I <3 MMJ on it.  LOL!

I've never seen a MMJ license plate in action.  And I wonder how long it might take for someone to notice mine.  After Jerry died we got MISN JER and people are always like "Are you a messenger?"  or "Does that stand for Miss New Jersey?"  or something else ridiculous.  Like how could you not tell with my stealie right next to it?!  So I get your "Michael Jackson fan" complaint!
anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

And mahg33ta, I was *this* close to getting MGEETAH but at the last minute went for the slightly more low pro (?) TN FIRE.

bluesky

Kyle :)
My friend Syma was calling me all morning trying to figure out who you might be. I was pretty certain for some reason it was you; maybe you had mentioned the plates before. Anyways, she said she knew your wife (and that you wife calls the forum -"the fan club". I have a friend that calls it -"the cult"...haha)
Wonder if your daughter and her son, Tomas have become friends. He's quite a talker and super cute!

ps. Trish got a tour of northern Michigan this summer from one of my sisters. I figured out they were both attending the same conference and hooked them up. Funny how small the world is!

Jellyfish

My tag is MAGEETA.......no one here has ever came up to me and knew what it stood for.Only my friends know.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

mahg33ta

Love the license plate talk.

I wanted some form of mahgeetah, for obvious reasons, but in MA you only get 6 letters.   If I could use 7 both of yours are great.   I didn't like MAGETA or MGETAH;  so I ended up debating between ATDAWN or MMJFAN.   Decided on the later but think I'll switch when my renewal hits soon.    When I really want to get Mrs Magh33ta going I threaten to move MMJFAN to her car!

jones

zanjam

Sorry, thought I mighta skewed the conversation a bit!   Sorry I hijacked it.  Love the two degrees of separation BTW!

These were my choices in order of preference:

LAY LOW
AT DAWN
THE DARK

All taken.  I think I stared at the wall for a good half hour after I realized LAY LOW was outta my life forever.  I messed around with some other combos then realized the answer was always right in front of me.  The one, the only, The Tennessee Fire.

Randall

Quote from: Fully on Feb 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm really impressed with the neatness of your garage. Also, that little munchkin is downright cute!
X2!
I'm in MA and will be on the lookout for those plates.

mahg33ta

Quote from: jones on Feb 17, 2012, 10:41 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 17, 2012, 09:14 PM

ATDAWN
This gets my vote.

Yeah, I have a little regret.   MMJFAN is a touch on the dorky side (and I have a high tolerance for dorkdom).   The only time I felt on the edge of embarrasment was when I showed it to Bo, but he was very cool and was like "right on - good job spreading the word!".   But ATDAWN will be a little more low profile (if that's possible, given no-one knows MMJFAN either)

headhunter

Cool plates Kyle.

I have  2 stickers on my car.

MMJ

DBT

And all I ever get from people is "where are those places"
was some shakin' and some record playin'

zanjam

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
Quote from: jones on Feb 17, 2012, 10:41 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 17, 2012, 09:14 PM

ATDAWN
This gets my vote.

Yeah, I have a little regret.   MMJFAN is a touch on the dorky side (and I have a high tolerance for dorkdom).   The only time I felt on the edge of embarrasment was when I showed it to Bo, but he was very cool and was like "right on - good job spreading the word!".   But ATDAWN will be a little more low profile (if that's possible, given no-one knows MMJFAN either)

I say stick with MMJ FAN!  It's perfect.  No one ever in your entire life will ever stop you and have the right reference for what AT DAWN means.  Nor would they if I had it on my car, but you need to represent with MMJ FAN.  I dig it!

walterfredo

living in Cali I'd be a little hesitant to rock MMJ Fan, as MMJ has a quite a different public perception out here (and other states too for that matter).  MMJ is the common acronym for medical marijuana.  Although, I do approve of both usages of the acronym  ;)

zanjam

They have arrived!  Rockin the minivan.  Oh yeah, I'm a cool mom!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Feb 27, 2012, 05:44 PM

They have arrived!  Rockin the minivan.  Oh yeah, I'm a cool mom!
Yes, you are!

Indeed, the coolest!  This is awesome! :thumbsup:
was some shakin' and some record playin'