Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2012

Started by e_wind, Jan 27, 2012, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil Ledbetter

Speaking of nieces, another reason I'm bummed about this insufficient lineup is we took my niece the last two years we went, and last year she won the beard and mustache contest (best fake beard). So she's going VIP this year and probably taking her sister, and we'll have to miss out on all of their fun.

Here she is in her winning "mermaid beard." She made it herself.

She in the "money shot" at 0.50 of this 60-second video from the 2010 contest. This is the first year she was in the contest; she came close but didn't win that year.

Bonnaroo Beard and Moustache Contest

In the still, that's her with her back to the camera in - blue shorts and amazing 'fro. The girl facing her in pink is my daughter. 

Man, I'm starting to get bummed about not going to Bonnaroo.
We understand it's the '90s.

Fully

Awesome bearded niece there, Devil. I'm bummed about it too. I look forward to going. I may break down and go just to go, but it's awfully expensive and so damn hot.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: Fully on Feb 15, 2012, 09:20 AM
Awesome bearded niece there, Devil. I'm bummed about it too. I look forward to going. I may break down and go just to go, but it's awfully expensive and so damn hot.
Thank you.

We have Forecastle to look forward too. And I may give another festival a chance this year. I've never been to Lollapalooza. I came close in 2007 (saw Pearl Jam at their pre-Lolla 10-club gig at The Vic) but was too under the weather that year to have survived Lolla. 

Too bad Rothbury/Electric Forest never pulls anything passable together (uh, IMO.)
We understand it's the '90s.

e_wind

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Fully on Feb 15, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thank you.

We have Forecastle to look forward too. And I may give another festival a chance this year. I've never been to Lollapalooza. I came close in 2007 (saw Pearl Jam at their pre-Lolla 10-club gig at The Vic) but was too under the weather that year to have survived Lolla. 

Too bad Rothbury/Electric Forest never pulls anything passable together (uh, IMO.)

I agree with your last statement. Rothbury has the best atmosphere hands down, but the line up at Electric Forrest is garbage. GARBAGE
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Luna Moth

If you live 3-5 hours from Manchester, i suggest driving up Friday night or Saturday morning to scalp, you can come across an extremely fair deal.

Fully

Now there's an idea.

BigHerm

Quote from: Luna Moth on Feb 15, 2012, 12:09 PM
If you live 3-5 hours from Manchester, i suggest driving up Friday night or Saturday morning to scalp, you can come across an extremely fair deal.
Elaborate please, I may try this..

What kind of prices have you found in the past? Are the scalpers just off the interstate still by the time Saturday rolls around?

Fully

This reminds me of my scariest 'roo moment last year. I was driving in on Thursday, going through Manchester proper. At the Walgreen's there was a scalper talking to a carload of people. All of a sudden the driver grabs the tickets and takes off with the scalper holding on to the guys hand and being dragged down the road. I'm right behind this guy to the left and if he lets go, I probably would have hit him. I slowed down a great deal and finally the car stopped and the guy fell away. I was impressed because right at that moment, Manchester police pull up and nab the culprits. The look of terror on that guy's face is something I've not forgotten.

Luna Moth

Quote from: BigHerm on Feb 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Luna Moth on Feb 15, 2012, 12:09 PM
Elaborate please, I may try this..

What kind of prices have you found in the past? Are the scalpers just off the interstate still by the time Saturday rolls around?

Ive got a couple of tricks id rather not put out in public but last year they were going for 100 on saturday day. Friday i would assume you add 50-70 bucks.  When tickets are at least 250 or whatever it seems fair enough.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Radiohead + RHCP = Atoms For Peace Superjam

MrWhippy

If anyone is in the market for a Bonnaroo ticket or knows someone who is, I'm selling the ticket I bought during the presale at the presale price of $245.  That's about $50 cheaper than the current ticket cost (including fees, shipping, etc.).

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

EDIT:  Ticket has been sold.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.