Help! Need Wedding Song!

Started by jbarry, Mar 09, 2012, 02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbarry

My husband is a huge MMJ fan and I really want to surprise him at our vow renewal by playing a MMJ song for our recessional song (the celebratory song after we say I-do). If anyone can recommend an upbeat love song I would really appreciate it!!

bluesky

Quote from: jbarry on Mar 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
My husband is a huge MMJ fan and I really want to surprise him at our vow renewal by playing a MMJ song for our recessional song (the celebratory song after we say I-do). If anyone can recommend an upbeat love song I would really appreciate it!!

Congrats Jbarry! Knot comes loose, the Live from Las Vegas  version is lovely. The extended slide guitar and piano makes it extra special!! I'm sure tomorrow morning you will get lots more suggestions.

peafunk31

My wedding song was Golden (Okonokos version). We thought it worked well since it was the song that made my wife & I fall in love with MMJ. Several people asked about it after our dance & it actually turned them into fans. :thumbsup:
Homer no function beer well without.

BigHerm

We are going to do Golden as well for the dance.

touchingmept2

I always thought that "Sweetheart" would be lovely to dance to!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

dub82

my wife and I's first dance was to "thank you too" which narrowly beat out " where to begin".

jbarry

I love Golden and we are using that song too, but we need a more upbeat song for after we say I do, not first dance.  :)Thanks for all the help!! Keep it coming!!

blucas

"Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You" (live from las Vegas version) is a bit upbeat and would be a nice message to thank family and friends for sharing your special day.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

e_wind

I'm 21 and don't plan on getting married for at least 10 years, but my wedding song is gonna be Golden
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

blucas

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm 21 and don't plan on getting married for at least 10 years, but my wedding song is gonna be Golden

21?!?  For some reason I always  perceived you as a fellow "old guy" E- ha ha  ???
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Jackets N Pones

Do covers count? Maybe someone has a good recording of Islands in the Stream...
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 09, 2012, 03:54 PM
Do covers count? Maybe someone has a good recording of Islands in the Stream...

(cough cough)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

walterfredo

I'm getting hitched in May, and we're going to have a friend of ours who is an exceptional guitar player and singer, play It Beats 4 U solo/acoustic during the ceremony.

Fully

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm getting hitched in May, and we're going to have a friend of ours who is an exceptional guitar player and singer, play It Beats 4 U solo/acoustic during the ceremony.

That will be lovely!

Fully

Quote from: blucas on Mar 09, 2012, 03:41 PM

21?!?  For some reason I always  perceived you as a fellow "old guy" E- ha ha  ???
He just has an old soul. Until I met him, I had this image of him as 35-40ish.

Taterbug

Didn't we do shots together last year at the benefit before the Auditorium show ?  I don't wanna be Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor  ;D.  Actually I think Crispy bought.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Penny Lane

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 09, 2012, 04:22 PM

that's awesome, Walt! congrats..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Quote from: jbarry on Mar 09, 2012, 11:41 AM
I love Golden and we are using that song too, but we need a more upbeat song for after we say I do, not first dance.  :)Thanks for all the help!! Keep it coming!!

It Beats 4U.    Case closed.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 09, 2012, 04:41 PM

Didn't we do shots together last year at the benefit before the Auditorium show ?  I don't wanna be Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor  ;D.  Actually I think Crispy bought.
Ignorance is bliss.

Also, other than golden, iTunes live at the Palms - Know Comes Loose is seconded over here
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

jbarry

Decided on,Tonight I want to celebrate with you! Super excited! Thanks for everyones help!! My husband is going to be a very happy man!