Article mentioning one of our forum members

Started by Fully, Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I was reading an article that showed up in my google alerts and guess who was mentioned? Our own mjk3!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120318/LIVING/703189980

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
I was reading an article that showed up in my google alerts and guess who was mentioned? Our own mjk3!

wow, great find!

it doesn't mention me tweeting back and forth with Jose Canseco and the Iron Sheik!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 AM

wow, great find!

it doesn't mention me tweeting back and forth with Jose Canseco and the Iron Sheik!
Penny, Jose Canseco is all sorts of crazy with his tweets. I follow Jesus and have his tweets sent to my phone just so I can say that I got a text from Jesus. I don't respond though. He never replies just like someone else I could mention.

mjk73

The Iron Sheik is pretty damn funny.

I've been friends with the writer since Jr High. She is excited and perplexed by this instant access we have to celebs that we've never had before via Twitter. I'm some cases it's not good (Charlie I'm Batshit Crazy Sheen) and in other cases it's great like Wayne Coyne. TTT is a great guy, very down to earth, and pretty funny.

el_chode

My personal twitter highlights included a DM from Chris Hardwick and Edward James Olmos, who also follows/ed one of my lists.
I'm surrounded by assholes

mjk73

My other brush with celebs was a back and forth with Jesus and Mary Chain and a couple retweets. Not sure if that's really them or someone in their entourage. Either way, it was cool

Fully

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
My other brush with celebs was a back and forth with Jesus and Mary Chain and a couple retweets. Not sure if that's really them or someone in their entourage. Either way, it was cool

I don't know why, but I got rather excited when Yoko Ono started following me. Also, James Gunn - director of Slither had a conversation one time. Oh, the best one was when Fake Fred Schneider retweeted me. I'm such a dork.

johnnYYac

My favorite day on Twitter was receiving direct messages from Two Tone Tommy AND Johnny Quaid within an hour of each other! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mjk73

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 18, 2012, 07:54 PM
My favorite day on Twitter was receiving direct messages from Two Tone Tommy AND Johnny Quaid within an hour of each other!
That my man is white shit hot awesome

lucylew

Nice!  And to think I have not logged in to my twitter account in a few months and have never tweeted.  A situation I must remedy.

I'm going to have to give twitter another try!  Nice thread.