Forum album club #2 Love - Forever Changes (after Pens game)

Started by ManNamedTruth, Mar 15, 2012, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

I'll be on after the Pens vs Rangers game, big game tonight that I planned on watching before I knew Sid was coming back. It should be over around 9:15, closer to 9:30 if there's OT.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

I have always wanted to check this out.  Great pick.  I can't make it tonight though
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

Pens game ran later than expected, based on the last 7:00 start time.

ManNamedTruth

Alone Again Or is a beautiful song to start the album off, it was featured in Wes Anderson's Bottle Rocket and covered by Calexico.

ManNamedTruth

So Love was Jim Morrison's favorite band, being label mates on Elektra. Singer Arthur Lee helped The Doors to get signed. Forever Changes wasn't a popular album on it's release but has grown from more recent critical acclaim.

woodnymph

Made it!!!  Thanks for the reminder True, I love Love!!!  Thanks for intro'ing their tunes to me!!!  Great stuff!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 15, 2012, 09:52 PM
Made it!!!  Thanks for the reminder True, I love Love!!!  Thanks for intro'ing their tunes to me!!!  Great stuff!!!

Thanks for dropping in!  :thumbsup:  :dankk2:

ManNamedTruth

A House is not a Motel is a great rock song, followed by some beautiful strings on Andmoreagain. The Daily Planet is a cool song, reminds me of The Who a little.

ManNamedTruth

Awesome mix of strings, horns, and piano on Old Man.

ManNamedTruth

woodnymph

I've listened to this a couple times since you put me onto it, and I'd listen now and leave more feedback, but the roommate is blasting Gram Parsons, and it's hard to switch gears right now!!  I love how smoooothe the album plays  :-*  (Forever Changes, that is!)

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 15, 2012, 09:50 PM
So Love was Jim Morrison's favorite band, being label mates on Electra. Singer Arthur Lee helped The Doors to get signed.

That's bad-ass!!!!!

ManNamedTruth

Tell your roommate you've been listening to GP all week and it's time for Love. I'm sure they'd appreciate Love.

ManNamedTruth

Maybe the People would Be the Times.... is a favorite, love the horns.

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
Tell your roommate you've been listening to GP all week and it's time for Love. I'm sure they'd appreciate Love.

Hahahahahah that's the problem though, it's my fault they're into him now!   :-X  I know at least the one roommate would love Love too though!  I do remember Red Telephone sounding sweeeeeet!!

ManNamedTruth

I like how the acoustics make the backbone of the album, but then a killer electric guitar solo will kick in, like on Live and Let Live.

ManNamedTruth

I'd love to hear Yim's thoughts on this album, I bet he digs it.

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'd love to hear Yim's thoughts on this album, I bet he digs it.

Of this you can be certain!

ManNamedTruth

The vocal style on Bummer in the Summer is way ahead of it's time. Cool hispanic psychedelic rock style throughout without sounding anything like Santana.

ManNamedTruth

And a nice triumphant end with some more horn and string interplay.
I encourage you all to listen to this album, if you were too busy today that's cool but it's definitely worth your time when you're able.
R.I.P. Arthur Lee.