Mr. Y's Classroom Playlist

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 05, 2012, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

With a new school year comes over 100 new students about to discover the best band in the world... whether they like it or not!

Today's Advisory group enjoys Math Skillz fun with Mahgeetah, Run Thru, and Steam Engine.  Its an It Still Moves kinda morning.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Devil Ledbetter

Those are some lucky students. My husband has introduced a lot of his students to MMJ.

My 15 year old told me that instead of the traditional wedding march played when she walks down the aisle, she wants Run Thru.

I'm not sure "Oh shit run" is quite the lyric one is after at a wedding. At least, let's hope not. :o  Still, those opening notes fit her perfectly.
We understand it's the '90s.

johnnYYac

You could have all the guests do clock arms!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vespachick

Mr. Y??? You almost gave me pause that love was in the air or something! I'm not sure Ms. Y is going to appreciate your jacking her jacking of a nickname!   ;) :-*
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 05, 2012, 11:04 AM
You could have all the guests do clock arms!
My daughter is a drummer, so she would LOVE that.
We understand it's the '90s.

smhoffmann02

Lucky students, JY!  Steam Engine from the get go?  Whoa.  :D
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Fully

I think we should have a playlist war. My ACT Prep students will be listening to the Raleigh show today. We'll start with Evelyn and see how far we can go when we get back from lunch.

smhoffmann02

Fully, what ever became of the Touch Me Pt. 2 class assignment?
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Fully

Well, I graded it and gave it back to them. Some of them had some interesting summaries. Many of them made a correlation between the video and Where the Wild Things Are.

e_wind

totally different - but at the restaurant i work in last night, my new boss that i hardly know, put MMJ pandora on for all the restaurant to enjoy for hours.

and on monday when everything was dying down we listened to the entire Final Cut. I'm already liking this new boss of mine, even if he is a huge panic head.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

scosby2

i've done it at the hospital with my patients quite a few times...the little black kids don't really dig it as much as the white ones do