Joe Fletcher & the Wrong Reasons

Started by pennylane, Sep 09, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennylane

If you haven't checked him and his band out, do it!

Here's a write-up I did for Drive-by Truckers forum:

http://www.threedimesdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4395

headhunter

This guy is awesome and you should catch his live show if you can.

Saw him in Newport and he was the only artist who's cd I bought after the show.  A terrific life performer.

His last cd is excellent too.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

bold992006

Joe played to one of his biggest headlining crowds ever last night at the Met in RI.  Definitely due his success at Newport and the success he's been having lately.  He's got some national touring coming up.  Go check him out!

bluesky

loved him at newport...one of the favorites!!!

wolof7

Penny what a great write up, couldn't of said it better. I consider myself fortunate to live near/around RI for most of my life and the music that has been coming out of this little state in the past 5 yrs has been nothing short of amazing...seeing the Low Anthem, Brown Bird and Deer Tick in empty bars and then watch them get national notariety has been great. The live music around these parts has been some of the best I've ever seen.

JF and the WR is on the cusp of breaking into the national scene. I was at the Met show the other night, a homecoming of sorts (sorry I missed you Bold), it was another great show and drew a bigger crowd I've ever seen them draw. He announced a solo EP this Fall and a new WR's album in December!

Additionally it looks like the guitarist he used at the NFF is now the permanent guitarist.

Another up and coming Providence band the Silks opened and were amazing as always, their debut should be out soon according to their bassist. Don't miss them if they are in your area (mostly RI, and Mass) for now
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

bold992006

I unfortunately was not at the show but I heard from Joe that it went really well.  I believe that was the biggest headlining crowd he has played to.  I saw him a few weeks ago in New Haven and Damian was there so I'm to not if that is permanent.  Greg is pretty amazing though.  here is a good write up of the show the other night.  I actually caught Coyote Kolb at a day festival on Saturday before they headed up to the Met and I've seen the Silks too who are great.

www.golocalprov.com/lifestyle/music-joe-fletcher-the-wrong-reasons-rub-the-met-the-right-way/

Joe is also returning to the Met Sat 12/1 with Spirit Family Reunion which will be a great show.  They were pretty amazing at NFF this year.

wolof7

I was still confused about the lineup but Joe referred to Damien as the "former" Wrong Reasons guitarist as he sat in on 3 songs at the end of the set. Maybe he will have a limited role going forward but I believe Joe also introduced Greg Burgess as the "new guitarist."

I also asked Joe about the video for Drunk and Single that was shot at Nic-a-Nee's in Providence which my wife and I were apart of but he reports no plans to release it anytime soon as he reports that they need to shoot additional footage : (

December 1st is my birthday, when he announced he would be returning that night I was pretty pumped.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 11, 2012, 06:53 AM

December 1st is my birthday, when he announced he would be returning that night I was pretty pumped.

nice!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold992006

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 11, 2012, 06:53 AM
I was still confused about the lineup but Joe referred to Damien as the "former" Wrong Reasons guitarist as he sat in on 3 songs at the end of the set. Maybe he will have a limited role going forward but I believe Joe also introduced Greg Burgess as the "new guitarist."

I also asked Joe about the video for Drunk and Single that was shot at Nic-a-Nee's in Providence which my wife and I were apart of but he reports no plans to release it anytime soon as he reports that they need to shoot additional footage : (

I believe things were heading toward Greg being permanent but I wasn't sure if that had happened already.  Nice to have two guys though if needed.

I was at the Drunk and Single video shoot too and yeah I asked Joe about it a few weeks ago and he didn't seem too confident that it would happen anytime soon.  Too bad, that was a fun night.

I'll def be at the Met show..and I believe there is a Cambridge, MA show the night before that.  Really pumped for those shows.  I'm also seeing Joe this Saturday at a one day festival my friend is putting on.  Going to be a great time.