What is the Band Doing Currently?

Started by dwight, Jul 19, 2004, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I've got a feeling this film could end with MMJ. From the way Cameron talks about this film I don't think he could have picked a better band to fit into it. This could mean that my two favorite bands end two amazing movies by two amazing writer/directors.

Pearl Jam - Man Of The Hour - Big Fish - Tim Burton

My Morning Jacket - ? - Elizabethtown - Cameron Crowe

It would be cool to see MMJ rock the Grammys.
Ok now I'm getting way ahead of ourselves!
There's Still Time.........

lyricjunkie

QuoteIt would be cool to see MMJ rock the Grammys.

MAN...NO LIE!!!;D That would be serious and awesome...it will happen one day anyway...but anticipating it is really fun huh? :D
Talk less....
Say more.

dwight

Huge..

The Stars are all in line for this band...

MMJ_fanatic

Yep,
you know things are happening for your band when you are working with the likes of Cameron Crow, knowing his work does exceptionally well (I've got a feeling MMJ hordes will turn out in a big way for this flick).  every time they put another notch in their belts (increased exposure, etc) makes me feel all the more prescient--when I 1st met Jim, Patrick, Tommy, Bo, and Carl on a cold New England night back in January, I told them they were gonna explode this year! ;D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Sal Paradise

IMDb is now listing MMJ as actors in Elizabethtown ;D
They seem to be playing members of Jessie's band.

Movie is coming out Summer 2005.

Here's a link to a Pre-Production clip:
http://easylink.playstream.com/danger_island/cameron_crowe/web_flick.wvx
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

MMJ_fanatic

Kind of a catchy tune, I would have to listen to it a few times for it to really sink in.  Do you know who from MMJ are playing on this track?

Sal Paradise

QuoteKind of a catchy tune, I would have to listen to it a few times for it to really sink in.  Do you know who from MMJ are playing on this track?

I don't think they are playing on that track.
Nice tune anyway!

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

TheMollusk

I went to a My Morning Jacket concert and they played a bunch of songs, but they weren't filming a movie or anything. When I listened to my cd's i heard some of the songs they played on them!!

sweatboard

"Mabey I'm to blame for his short bitter fucked up life!"

Jim James
There's Still Time.........

wordawg

QuoteI went to a My Morning Jacket concert and they played a bunch of songs, but they weren't filming a movie or anything. When I listened to my cd's i heard some of the songs they played on them!!

Spooky.
Same thing happened to me.
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

no lie, it happens all the time to me--go figure

thebigbang

I just read a Paul Westerberg interview this week in which he mentions that he wrote three songs for the movie Elizabethtown and had already given them to Cameron Crowe. So, apparently some of the songs for the movie are set.

QuoteI've got a feeling this film could end with MMJ. From the way Cameron talks about this film I don't think he could have picked a better band to fit into it. This could mean that my two favorite bands end two amazing movies by two amazing writer/directors.

Pearl Jam - Man Of The Hour - Big Fish - Tim Burton

My Morning Jacket - ? - Elizabethtown - Cameron Crowe

It would be cool to see MMJ rock the Grammys.
Ok now I'm getting way ahead of ourselves!
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

MMJ_fanatic

cool!  Westerberg does some good shit!  his stuff would mesh well with MMJ's style. :D