New Tim Burgess w/ Kurt Wagner & Carl Broemel

Started by CC, Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Tim Burgess' (Charlatans) new album is streaming here and sounds pretty sweet:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/sep/27/tim-burgess-exclusive-album-stream

Recorded in Nashville with Kurt Wagner/Lambchop and others

if you wonder why the end of 'The Economy' sounds so delicious, that's Carl on guitar!

Fully

I've never heard of Tim Burgess, but I love those other two guys. Thanks for sharing this. I'll be checking it out!

CC

Charlatans never really got big but maybe you heard this, from 1990

The Charlatans - The Only One I Know

Penny Lane

Where's MJK? The Charlatans were one of the biggest bands of the 90s brit pop movement ....(along with The Verve, Oasis, and Ocean Colour Scene)...LOVE TIM BURGESS..this is awesome..

this was one of my favorites: North Country Boy (I had the t-shirt North Country Girl)

The Charlatans - North Country Boy
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: CC Baxter on Sep 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
Charlatans never really got big but maybe you heard this, from 1990

The Charlatans - The Only One I Know
thanks for reminding me! I had completely forgotten that band existed.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
Where's MJK? The Charlatans were one of the biggest bands of the 90s brit pop movement ....(along with The Verve, Oasis, and Ocean Colour Scene)...LOVE TIM BURGESS..this is awesome..

this was one of my favorites: North Country Boy (I had the t-shirt North Country Girl)

You forgot about the Stone Roses Penny!   :wink:  The Stone Roses were my favorite band from that brit pop movement, but the Charlatans weren't far behind.  I remember how much the Charlatans and Roses hated each other back in the day.  Good stuff! 

CC, thanks for sharing this.  Pretty cool to see Carl contributing on Burgess' solo record. 

Fully

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 28, 2012, 08:26 AM

You forgot about the Stone Roses Penny!   :wink:  The Stone Roses were my favorite band from that brit pop movement, but the Charlatans weren't far behind.  I remember how much the Charlatans and Roses hated each other back in the day.  Good stuff! 

CC, thanks for sharing this.  Pretty cool to see Carl contributing on Burgess' solo record.
The Stone Roses were the shit. I loved them.

Penny Lane

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 28, 2012, 08:26 AM

YES! I think the Stone Roses pioneered the movement --didn't mention them because they're the godfathers of it all...they were pretty much done by that time though -and broken up by mid 90s? If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have had the other bands..

Love the Stone Roses...if you look at old Liam Gallagher bootlegs, he totally imitated Ian Brown...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill