Music Midtown - Pearl Jam, Avett Brothers, and more.

Started by e_wind, Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Thats coming up next weekend. Anyone going? After stupidly passing up on PJ20 AND 2010 PJ shows (both for the Jacket), I'm hyped to finally have another show. It sucks that its a festival, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Plus these bands are playing:
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Avett Brothers
Girl Talk
T.I
Florence and the Machine
Ludacris
Neon Trees
Garbage
Joan Jett
Adam Ant
LP
Civil Twilight
O'Brother

I plan on seeing Avetts, Civil Twilight (know nothing about them), and PJ of course. At Made in America a couple weeks ago, this happened:

Pearl Jam & Jay-Z- 99 Problems and the beginng Rockin' In The Free World@ Made In America Festival

So maybe this weekend we'll see PJ cover this

Ludacris - Area Codes (feat. Nate Dogg)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

Civil Twilight is a bit of a guilty pleasure- Coldplay-ish music w/ U2-ish vocals - but I enjoy them and glad you are checking them out.   

e_wind

I just got my schedule for next week. Scheduled to work a double on Saturday and Sunday. First time requesting off at the new job. GREAT THANKS
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

APR

Give us a report on the fest and PJ's set when you get back.  This is the first year in a while that I will not be seeing PJ at all.  I'm hoping for some more dates in 2013. 

On the other hand, I saw Florence and the Machine for the first time a few nights ago.  She can sing!  I'd recommend checking them out at Midtown as well.  She is talented and can really work the crowd.  Have fun.