Main Menu

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Started by Mr. White, Oct 19, 2012, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I started listening to Stevie Ray back in the 1980's when Couldn't Stand The Weather came out. After the first listen, I knew I would be loving his music for many years to come.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Live at the El Mocambo 1983

A friend of mine had a VHS copy of Live at The El Mocambo, and I made a copy of his copy. When it came out on DVD, I had to have it. I made a CD of the audio and still listen to it all the time. I let one of my cousins have my DVD for a while, and I haven't seen it for around 7 years! Here it is in full on YouTube!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Shug

I LOVE SRV, too and got turned on to him early, as well.  I feel very fortunate to have gotten to see him play a bunch of times before he left us.

In the mid 80s, a friend in Colorado rented from a local video store a Sony Records promo-only VHS of a live show in Japan in 1985.  We copied the audio to a cassette tape, which I still have, but I've never been able to track down the video of it.  Ever hear of this video?  I'd go to great lengths to get a copy of it today.  I dont know why we didn't just steal it, we knew how rare it was, but I guess we were good citizens and wanted others to get a chance to see it, too.  Probably should've stolen it....

That El Mocambo show is BLAZING!!!!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

Wow, you are the MAN, man!  Muchas gracias, very much!

I forgot about the pipe!

Shug

Ho-lee shit, that's a smoking Voodoo Chile!  SRV and Double Trouble were particularly on fire in 1983-1985.  In this one, even Tommy and Chris are taking things to a higher level than typical.  That is some ferocious bass from Tommy.  I forgot how good this show was,  yeeee haaawwww!