Jim sat in with The War On Drugs tonight in PDX

Started by crazychester, Mar 31, 2014, 02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazychester

They did John Lennon's Mind Games for the 1st ssong of the encore.  Rest of MMJ was at the show as well.  Briefly talked to Jim at the bar and he said they're here recording.

jaye

bluesky

hope a recording turns up! I just can't imagine how they would sound together!

Fully

subinai

oistheone

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Hopefully a recording shows up. Sounds amazing!

oistheone

parkervb

so, is there ANY chance we could see TWOD opening for MMJ this fall/winter?  I know it's a big leap fro Jim singing one song with them to a tour but a guy can dream right?
Don't you ever turn it off

Fully

mynameiscurt

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 31, 2014, 10:18 AM
so, is there ANY chance we could see TWOD opening for MMJ this fall/winter?  I know it's a big leap fro Jim singing one song with them to a tour but a guy can dream right?

Yes, two birds with one stone.  WOD is killing it right now, I loved the last album and they are upping the ante with the new one.  This was a great performance of a beautiful song.

Dillsnufus

Great when seeing one of your favorite bands teaming with a band your listening to death  right now. it's like a gift of fate
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

GO4IT

mahgeetah

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Mar 31, 2014, 04:10 PM
Great when seeing one of your favorite bands teaming with a band your listening to death  right now. it's like a gift of fate
This exactly! Last night's WOD show at the Independent in SF kind of brought me back to my first MMJ show in '06

rincon2

Weird. Literally just ordered the new WOD album and then went to this. I thought their prior album was OK, nothing really stuck for me, but this new one is a monster. I would love to see them open up this next tour. I have a feeling they may be more famous than MMJ in 6 months. Like Alabama Shakes being more well known than DBT, one of their main mentors.

e_wind

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 31, 2014, 10:18 AM

turns out there was a chance
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ChiefOKONO

Thank you for posting this, that was awesome!!

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

jimsflyingv

Jim James nails every cover he does....so awesome !!!!
Such a great artist he really has to be admired