Photo Needed for MMJ Owl Tattoo

Started by twofirstnames, Nov 13, 2011, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: TheThird on Feb 05, 2012, 12:32 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
Here's the vinyl slipmat they used to sell.

Does anyone know where I can buy this?!

Also the tattoo turned out nice!  :beer:
The MMJ merch store sold out of these some time ago.  I want one too!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

flugger

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 30, 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote from: JerseyDan on Jan 30, 2012, 04:29 PM
how many inches is it and what did it cost?
That's what she said!  ;D

Haha, this made me laugh. The COST was $170`ish - The girl that did it was hot, so it was worth every bit. ;)

I wish I could manage a better picture to show the scale, but being forever alone, it's hard to get a good picture, even using a mirror. It does take up ~most~ of my shoulder. If I were to guess, I'd put it at about 6-7 inches for the wing-span... I might be inflating the inches though. ;)

I'll try to get a better picture of it at some point.

Seriously though, I know it's on my arm forever, so not much I can do about it, and I ~am~ happy with it... but  I'd like HONEST opinions here...what does everyone think? I have a thick skin..so all opinions are welcome!
Always starting over, but somehow I always know where to begin.

mbuha

Really cool coincidence this thread is up here. I've always kind of gone back and forth if I want a tattoo, but I've recently decided I definitely want one.  And the only thing I am sure of wanting is the owl. 

My problem is, I don't want it too look like a bat.  Glad I saw your tattoo, she did a good job, it does like the owl. I might have gotten it smaller.. but thats just me.

I've been thinkin about using a different owl image... any body got suggestions?

Where else would you get the mmj owl? I feel like shoulder is so typical.. but I don't know.

ChiefOKONO

That one is RAD!  how long did it take?

anyone else have any MMJ tattoos or plans for any?

mbuha

this pic is from the circuital vinyl...

i always liked the owl, but thought it looked more like a bat or something than an owl.

in this pic there is the feathers under the feet, makes it look more like an owl.

would you guys get it like this or the original owl? [/img]LP-Sleeve-A-Edit-Edit-1.jpg[/img]

justbcuzido

I just made a profile (better late than never) after a few years of reading from the sidelines just so I could post you this picture of my MMJ Owl tattoo. The funny part about this was I made a bet with my tattoo artist (whose first and middle name was Jim James) about what people would think it was. He said people would say Harry Potter and not MMJ. I posted the picture on Facebook and the first comment I get is "MMJ, sweet!", total validation right there.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

Clearly I am a newbie because I have no idea how to get this picture up here for you.

Fully

I think this is the picture that you are trying to post;

justbcuzido

Love this forum community already! And now I know who the owl is! Thanks for posting my picture!

Fully

I'm not the owl. I just talk to him sometimes.

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011