Jacket Bracket Attack 2012

Started by Ruckus, Oct 11, 2012, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I've sat on this for a day as well and I'm no closer to a comfortable answer.  I've only seen Where to Begin and Strangulation 2x each whereas the other two at least 10x.  That shouldn't matter but OBH has worn me out whereas they still have kept Dondante fresh.  Where to Begin is my favorite studio recording of theirs ever so....

1. Where to Begin
2. Dondante
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Round 4 Group 3 is closed.

One Big Holiday 30 - Where to Begin 8
Dondante 21 - Strangulation 16

Ruckus

Round 4 Group 4 begins.  Last group before the Elite 8.

1. Phone Went West v. Wordless Chours
2. The Way That He Sings v. I Will Be There When You Die

LeanneP

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 06, 2012, 08:45 AM

One Big Holiday 20 - Where to Begin 8

Is that right Ruckus? 28 votes total for the first option and 37 for the second?  Do we need a recount up in here?!  (j/k - you do an awesome job running this thing)

Well, one way or another, all is right with the world with OBH and Dondante winning that round.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Ruckus

Quote from: LeanneP on Dec 06, 2012, 08:48 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 06, 2012, 08:45 AM

One Big Holiday 20 - Where to Begin 8

Is that right Ruckus? 28 votes total for the first option and 37 for the second?  Do we need a recount up in here?!  (j/k - you do an awesome job running this thing)

Well, one way or another, all is right with the world with OBH and Dondante winning that round.
woodnymph abstained on the 2nd matchup and thanks for the heads up on the first.   :beer:

peafunk31

Homer no function beer well without.

jacketfan127

1. Phone Went West
2. The Way That He Sings

Fully

1. Phone Went West
2. I Will Be There When You Die

This was much easier to vote for than the last round. I love Wordless, but Phone is just unbelievable. Particularly the way it has grown over this past summer. There was no contest on the second choice. It just gets me every time even though TWTHS is a great song, it doesn't pack the emotional punch of IWBTWYD.

Tracy 2112

Phone Went West
I Will Be There When You Die
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bluesky

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 06, 2012, 08:35 AM
I've sat on this for a day as well and I'm no closer to a comfortable answer.  I've only seen Where to Begin and Strangulation 2x each whereas the other two at least 10x.  That shouldn't matter but OBH has worn me out whereas they still have kept Dondante fresh.  Where to Begin is my favorite studio recording of theirs ever so....

1. Where to Begin
2. Dondante

totally agree!

Shug

1. Wordless Chorus
2. The Way That He Sings

The first MMJ I heard was Wordless Chorus and It Beats 4 U.  It didn't grab me because of the electronic beats, and it wasn't until several years later after watching Okonokos that I got into MMJ and was kinda amazed that I was liking something with mechanistic electronics.  But it was the way they blended them with their heart-and-soul passion and rocking out that did it for me. So Wordless is special to me because it made me like something I don't typically like. I don't dig reggae jams (or should I say more nicely the awesomeness of Phone Went West has not yet been apparent to me :grin:) and I prefer a full band rocking out to acoustic sparseness when it comes to MMJ.  Easy choices for me.   Way He Sings is so damn catchy, what a great and joyful riff and melody!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

goldbondking

1. Phone Went West
2. The Way That He Sings

That was extremely difficult.

markcel

1. Phone Went West
2. I Will Be There When You Die

johnnYYac

1. Wordless Chorus
2. The Way That He Sings
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

smhoffmann02

Wordless Chorus
The Way That He Sings
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

jaye

1. Phone Went West
2. The Way That He Sings

justbcuzido

1) Wordless Chorus
2) The Way That He Sings
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Northern Neighbour

1. Phone Went West
2. The Way That He Sings

gardenparty

1. Phone Went West
2. The Way That He Sings - this call was based on which i'd rather hear right now. flip of a coin either way

ItBeats4Jew

what Madonna said really helped