I find it amusing

Started by Tracy 2112, Oct 22, 2012, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

I find it amusing that people were ranting about the other "new" message board as if changing it had altered their very souls; like something sacred, like their child, had been ripped from their arms and sold on e-bay...  So, the powers that be go back to this format and no one really posts here.

That amuses me

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Excellent point, o wise one.

Crispy

I don't know, while I feel like I didn't "rant" so much, I complained and noted a few times how fucked up and unreadable the other interface was. I may not be posting a whole lot more than I ever did, but I sure can read this forum better and know more about what's going on, and surely my very soul is better for it.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bluesky

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
I don't know, while I feel like I didn't "rant" so much, I complained and noted a few times how fucked up and unreadable the other interface was. I may not be posting a whole lot more than I ever did, but I sure can read this forum better and know more about what's going on, and surely my very soul is better for it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fully

Quote from: bluesky on Oct 22, 2012, 12:23 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep.

ericm

Well said Crispy.

If there's a roll cal for this post, I'm on it.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

me too
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

I think a lot of folks found other ways to spend their time.  A lot of folks jumped ship from April to August, when the forum merged with Roll Call, to Facebook and Red Patoka Sea.  They haven't really come back here since the switch back.  I must admit, for the amount of complaining, the activity here since the return of the "old" forum has been underwhelming. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
I think a lot of folks found other ways to spend their time.  A lot of folks jumped ship from April to August, when the forum merged with Roll Call, to Facebook and Red Patoka Sea.  They haven't really come back here since the switch back.  I must admit, for the amount of complaining, the activity here since the return of the "old" forum has been underwhelming.

Hopefully it'll pick up as we get closer to the PC, and NYE shows. I'm thinking it will.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Yeah, the switch came at a point when the tour was winding down, so things will be quieter until December... and Jim's solo release.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Oct 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
I find it amusing that people were ranting about the other "new" message board as if changing it had altered their very souls; like something sacred, like their child, had been ripped from their arms and sold on e-bay...  So, the powers that be go back to this format and no one really posts here.

That amuses me

my seizures have stopped ever since the visual change reverted.  just sayin...

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

sweatboard

This whole ordeal has comforted me so much that I finaly feel it's now safe to hybernate.

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Oct 22, 2012, 06:37 PM

That amuses me

Is this dude really still here? :grin: Hey Tracy, did you get the T-shirt I sent you....I hope it fit.
There's Still Time.........

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 23, 2012, 11:12 PM

That amuses me

Is this dude really still here? :grin: Hey Tracy, did you get the T-shirt I sent you....I hope it fit.

yep, actually the deal was I come back here and you join Facebook. I kept my end of the bargain...

I received a tube with a whole bunch of stuff; thanks. My wife loves the t-shirt and my nephew is the coolest in the 11th grade with his poster. I have been trying to use my laminated pass all around town: Home Depot, Target, Fantasies, etc... people just look at it, laugh, and hand it back to me; must be some inside joke.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

e_wind

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Oct 24, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 23, 2012, 11:12 PM

That amuses me

yep, actually the deal was I come back here and you join Facebook. I kept my end of the bargain...

I received a tube with a whole bunch of stuff; thanks. My wife loves the t-shirt and my nephew is the coolest in the 11th grade with his poster. I have been trying to use my laminated pass all around town: Home Depot, Target, Fantasies, etc... people just look at it, laugh, and hand it back to me; must be some inside joke.

and, the forum has reached its peak, later guys
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rincon

I will admit I like this format better, but I had no noticeable problems with the other one. What exactly are the issues everyone had with it? Usually the problems I see when these types of switches are made are involving slow loading, but that was never a problem.