FANTASY FOOTBALL 2012

Started by pawpaw, Sep 05, 2012, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 09, 2012, 05:55 PM
Still need payment from aMD and JerryTickleMonsters/Mind At Large. Dont know if you saw my post over there, but please pay ASAP. I will lock your team starting after Week 7 if you dont, ie you get 0 points and an auto loss. This shouldnt be this difficult!!

Im am just going to re-iterate this again.

I made my first post about this on the yahoo league site Sept. 28th and said I would lock teams "in a couple weeks". I made it more clear last week that I will lock teams after week 7. While I dont want to do this as it creates an unfair advantage on a given week, you dont deserve to be playing at that point if you havent paid. We're halfway thru the season already when it comes to fantasy, you 2 should have paid by now as everyone else has in the league.

Id appreciate it if other people in the league agree with me on this stance. Ive been in leagues where this has been done, myself as a non-payer, and its the only way to really give those people a kick in the ass to pay up. I think Ive been more than fair so far with my warnings.
i don't want to see anyone get locked out, but rules are rules. This is not 'Nam.  Can we at least get some communiacation from those that haven't paid (I'm working on it, I'll get you next week, etc...)
Didn't we have someone that refused to pay up front last year?

Some sort of communication would help, but again, its $25 freaking dollars. IMO its pretty ridiculous to try and make an excuse why you cant pay that.

While they havent communicated anything regarding this situation, both have been keeping their teams up to date with lineups and weekly moves, so its not like theyre in the dark on this.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Clarkwork

Honestly, I think it is past time to lock them out.  I say do this week, it's unfortunate, but we all agreed on what to pay, and we have to pay it. 

I think you have given everyone a fair warning. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

pawpaw

Honestly, you should lock out Clarkwork too. It can be just a week, I'll leave that up to you commish, but we really need to teach him a lesson and I think this is the week to do it. Who's with me on this one?

:grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Clarkwork

Quote from: bbill on Oct 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Honestly, you should lock out Clarkwork too. It can be just a week, I'll leave that up to you commish, but we really need to teach him a lesson and I think this is the week to do it. Who's with me on this one?

Now that is some funny shit.  I was hoping you were one of the 2 he would lock.  Can you try to take your money back so he does lock you as well and then pay next week??

Hawkeye

bbill should have been locked out last week, IMO  :tongue:
We could.

capt. scotty

Mind at Large/TickleMonsters has paid...Im a little disappointed as I was hoping for an easy win next week  :tongue:

aMD, youll be locked out starting next week if you dont pay.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: bbill on Oct 16, 2012, 11:30 AM

capt. scotty

Clark, I offered you a trade tonight and would like to work something out this week. I think it helps both of us.

As for the team lockout, Im at a struggle here. I forgot to last week, but this league is so close I find it unfair to give guaranteed wins to teams. There is a 1 game difference between 3rd and 9th. What Im considering doing at this moment is letting AMD field a team this week, and if he hasnt paid by the week after, he gets a 0 vs Rock Rollers in week 10 who only have 1 win and are likely eliminated at that point anyway.

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
Clark, I offered you a trade tonight and would like to work something out this week. I think it helps both of us.

As for the team lockout, Im at a struggle here. I forgot to last week, but this league is so close I find it unfair to give guaranteed wins to teams. There is a 1 game difference between 3rd and 9th. What Im considering doing at this moment is letting AMD field a team this week, and if he hasnt paid by the week after, he gets a 0 vs Rock Rollers in week 10 who only have 1 win and are likely eliminated at that point anyway.
Not to be a dick Captn, but the league was close last week too.  There needs to be a democratic decision made and then carried ou

exist10z

Nice, that's at least two wins for me baby! :cheesy:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Ruckus

Quote from: exist10z on Nov 01, 2012, 01:01 AM
Nice, that's at least two wins for me baby! :cheesy:
:grin:  I'm about to run the table to just finish out of the playoffs baby!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

exist10z

The sad part is, I've been playing fantasy for 15 years, and played in multiple leagues the past 5, you'd think I might have been able to manage more than 1 win.

Fantasy is a fickle mistress... :angry:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 31, 2012, 10:49 PM

Not to be a dick Captn, but the league was close last week too.  There needs to be a democratic decision made and then carried ou

Well, youre playing him this week so obviously you want me to lock him, but if you miss the playoffs this year by a game or a tiebreaker to another team because they got an automatic win 1 week (and you didnt), how would you feel?? I know if I end up in that position, and I may a few weeks from now because as said the league is tight, Id be more than pissed. I dont want 1 person's being a douche affect the league more than making the pot $25 less if you get my drift.

Locking him vs Rock Rollers shouldnt hurt anyone in the league besides AMD costing him a win vs someone pretty much mathematically out of the playoffs, which is why I said Id lock him for that week. After week 10, Im thinking I wont lock him out based on the above reasoning, but he wont make the playoffs regardless of record and him being in the top 6.

capt. scotty

Quote from: exist10z on Nov 01, 2012, 01:27 AM
The sad part is, I've been playing fantasy for 15 years, and played in multiple leagues the past 5, you'd think I might have been able to manage more than 1 win.

Fantasy is a fickle mistress... :angry:

It is. Ive been playing FF since I was 12 or so for about 15 yrs as well. My first league was a 2 person league  :grin:

Of course Ive gotten more into it through the years and its popularity makes it even easier to have as a hobby, and yes even more fickle. I cant stand how updated yahoo, ESPN, etc have their rankings pre-draft these days just helping people out who dont do their own research. I would love for the days of half your league drafting based on a magazine likely published 2 months earlier...Those were the days!!!

Last year was a real shit year for me all around. I dont think I made the playoffs in any of my money leagues, after being in the champ game 4 years straight and winning 3 times in 1 of the 3. There's a lot of luck involved, with injuries especially, picking the right guys with upside as opposed to being busts, etc.

I almost like how sites have made it more competitive by almost hand picking a draft for you based on their rankings to a degree, but still yearn for those magazine day years...TD only leagues though Im glad have gone to the wayside.

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Nov 01, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 31, 2012, 10:49 PM

Well, youre playing him this week so obviously you want me to lock him, but if you miss the playoffs this year by a game or a tiebreaker to another team because they got an automatic win 1 week (and you didnt), how would you feel?? I know if I end up in that position, and I may a few weeks from now because as said the league is tight, Id be more than pissed. I dont want 1 person's being a douche affect the league more than making the pot $25 less if you get my drift.

Locking him vs Rock Rollers shouldnt hurt anyone in the league besides AMD costing him a win vs someone pretty much mathematically out of the playoffs, which is why I said Id lock him for that week. After week 10, Im thinking I wont lock him out based on the above reasoning, but he wont make the playoffs regardless of record and him being in the top 6.

Oh, am I playing him this week??? 

I get your reasoning, and I agree with it. I think we should have said that last week though, that's all. If I wanted my commissioner arbitrarily making decisions , I'd be in the NFL.    :tongue:
That being said, thanks for being out commish!

Hawkeye

Have their been any trades this year?  I'm always WANTING to trade, until a trade comes along...and it's never quite good enough to pull the trigger.

Still looking for RB's but despite my record, my point total is pretty good, so I might have to ride it out with this team unless the right offer comes along.  I can't break up Brees/Harvin/Marshall and Witten is getting close to untouchable too...anyone else on my team is up for grabs with the right offer though.
We could.

Clarkwork

Just can't pull the trigger on either offer. Although my trade history with you is awesome.