Main Menu

Grab a Body

Started by e_wind, Nov 22, 2012, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

For the record, I am really liking this tune.

Would be nice to catch it live at Port Chester.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Fully

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 25, 2012, 04:49 PM
For the record, I am really liking this tune.

Would be nice to catch it live at Port Chester.
Me too, Jeff! Let's get scosby on it. If he can't get it played, no one can.

johnnYYac

Sounds like Jerry shows up on guitar at 2:55 in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

super happy he responded. great guys in a great band making great songs.

jadavis7

I second that emotion--I can think of few bands who really seem to try to stay in touch with their fans. Big thanks to the whole MMJ family (band, crew, etc.)!

Also, I guess that means it's the Memphis Horns on Grab A Body, right? They were the horn section on EMR, so I guess it stands to reason. This is a really nice picture of the soul influence coming in when MMJ were being labeled the saviors of Southern rock. Love it.

My head takes a lickin' but my heart keeps on tickin' just the same

buymycar

Quote from: jadavis7 on Nov 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
I second that emotion--I can think of few bands who really seem to try to stay in touch with their fans. Big thanks to the whole MMJ family (band, crew, etc.)!

Also, I guess that means it's the Memphis Horns on Grab A Body, right? They were the horn section on EMR, so I guess it stands to reason. This is a really nice picture of the soul influence coming in when MMJ were being labeled the saviors of Southern rock. Love it.

The back of the insert for the record reads, "Horns by Willie Mitchell And His Memphis Horns".  So, you're absolutely correct.

bartel

have to say with repeated listens over the long weekend this has struck me as a great track even without lyric lyrics. It's souful and relaxes me. loving it.

Painter

Was lucky enough to snag 1 of 2 copies that I could find in D.C. (out of around 5 record stores). Love the instrumentals - I hope this is a sign MMJ is embracing their Jam Band-ness a little more.   They seem to be doing that more and more each tour which I love - i know some of you are incline to disagree but I love the music odysseys the band takes us on.

Painter

also, can someone do us all the honor of making the track digital? Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to do so.

Fully

Did you not get the dl code, Painter?

johnnYYac

Quote from: Painter on Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
also, can someone do us all the honor of making the track digital? Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to do so.
The vinyl should have come with a download card, which gives you 320 kbps mp3 of IMND, HM, and GaB.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kotchishm

So cool to see that outro wasn't really meant for ISM track but was on another track!  How many other tracks are out there......
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

EverythingChanges

I need to listen to this song.  Is there anyway to hear it without buying the vinyl?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

CHIMMJFAN

I am so bummed I was not able to score this Friday or anywhere over the weekend. I live in Chicago how could I mess this up? lol

I'm really curious to hear Grab A Body, the descriptions are driving me crazy in anticipation!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

meltingaway

Grab That Body Foooo!!!

I love this song, you can stream it here and possibly dl it:

http://songs.to/#!pl=228f1482b7a105dc90456803aa28d3385911e91d

Dillsnufus

Hearing the IWSYS part at the end just made me wish they'd release a 45RPM version of It Still Moves. Who else would go bat shit for that? I know i would. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

maybe a hint at a 10th anniversary edition of ISM ? 
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

CHIMMJFAN

Wow, thank you both for posting "Grab a Body", I'm diggin' the horns and yeah the end takes me back to ISM days! Now I just need to get my hands on the download of these songs.
I really hope they pull "Grab A Body" out at one the NY or NYE shows!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

MamaKel

Not gonna lie, gang. This is a contender to be among my all time favorite MMJ songs. I like everything about it. Pretty close to my definition of perfect.  In fact, I am going to leave the house tomorrow and go on a mission to find it. Yep. Going to leave the house, gang.  I don't do that for just any ol' top 40 tune.  :beer:

meltingaway

Does anyone hear Black Sabbath around the :30 mark and again at the 1:50 mark? the geetahs get angry for about ten seconds and I like that

then you get the funky wahs wahs and them horns, oh yes

then throw in the equivalent of musical ecstasy/sleepy opiate/all is right in the world outtro and you've a great song--simple, yet unique

wonder how many more great tracks they have just laying around for us...