Clean Slate

Started by MamaKel, Dec 21, 2012, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

I hate it again. I'm throwing it away.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 21, 2012, 02:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Clean Slate is a movie staring Dana Carvey, but that is not what this is about...though I now wish it was...

I have a few little things to clean up, but I finally finished the painting of Jim I've been working on forever!  All of a sudden, I looked at it, and thought about the idea of a clean slate, and realized that perfection makes for uninteresting art.  So today, I can actually say that I finished what I consider my masterpiece...thus far.  I'm just letting go of it.  I'm pretty excited.  I've never worked on anything for this long in my life. It is a strange feeling to look at something that not only has been the primary focus of my art, but which also holds within it every feeling I had while creating it.  I am actually proud of myself.  And I am actually kind of glad it took until now to finish. I have said that it was finished before, but it never felt like it was...I was rushing, and being dishonest about where I was at in the process. 
Now, I look at it, and there is no more struggle within me, or in it.

I call it "Tabula Rasta"...

" If dem wan win di revolution, dem haffi win wid Rasta...ya cyant win no udda wey, 'cause if ya win udda wey, ya gon fight again. When we's Rasta, there'll be no more war..."-Bob Marley

Would love to see a pic!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!